Are my kittens Khao Manee cats?

davepritsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We just got these kittens a few days ago. They're so sweet. Already a wonderful addition to our family. I've been trying to learn what kind they are and I'm almost convinced they must be Khao Manee. They fit the description down to their faces. They each have one blue and one green eye. I'd love an expert opinion. I can provide more pictures as well.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Khao Manee are extremely rare in the US. If someone were in Thailand I might say it's possible but it's just such a tiny chance that a breeder of such a rare breed would lose track of 2 valuable kittens!

Most cats have no purebreed background, but with their facial shape and blue eyes they probably do have some Siamese in their history somewhere. No telling how far back though.

White cats who have blue eyes are frequently deaf, and if they have one blue eye they may be deaf in the ear on the blue-eyed side. Hopefully if that's true in their case it won't affect them too badly. I'm not sure how you would determine if a cat is deaf in one ear anyway.

They're gorgeous kitties and I hope all of you have a long happy life together! Whether they're any particular breed or not :D.