Are My Cats Playing, Or Is This Going To Be A Problem?

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahhh thank you!
I'm a total worry wart. Finn is just super skinny and small (I think he could be underweight, I can feel his spine and ribs) so I'm extra concerned. I just don't want Krueger to kill him lol
Oh I understand completely! I’m a huge worry wart myself, I keep saying if my animals were human I would be called a helicopter mom (I think that’s the term?). Just keep in mind that the fact you worry just means they get extra care ❤.

I would worry a bit about leaving them alone together for long periods of time (as I say, worry wart), but I think it’s going to come down to deciding which it worse for Finn, the bathroom or the chance of something going wrong. While I think there is always that chance of things going wrong, they seem to be getting along really well, and as more time goes by the less likely it probably is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sketchyeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it would help if I could post a video of the behavior?

I'm sure you're totally right! I just wish I had a cat expert who could visit my house and tell me what's up lol

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it would help if I could post a video of the behavior?

I'm sure you're totally right! I just wish I had a cat expert who could visit my house and tell me what's up lol
If you have a video that would be great!

Sketchyeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The video is kind of dark and stuff because my phone likes to darken whenever it takes videos, for whatever reason. However a few things to note:

This is the only video I managed to catch tonight of Krueger grabbing him, but except for the kicking it's about the same. Sometimes he has Finn in a better grip. He almost NEVER makes that growling noise though. I'll try again to get one where he does everything I've described!

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually to me it looks like Krueger is being pretty gentle with Finn! What a good big brother ❤. I think you should congratulate yourself on setting them up for success because based on that video they look like they are doing great. I love how Krueger even backed off for a second there.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finn looks like he is loving it :lovecat2::bigeyes: Krueger is being gentle with him :) Really looks like a hyper little kid playing with a friend.

Sketchyeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Sorry, work has been crazy!

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate all that you've done to help ease my mind on this issue :)
It has been getting a lot better. Finn is actively trying to wrestle and fight with Krueger probably every 20 minutes, pulling on his tail and ears, that sort of thing. Krueger sometimes puts up with it for a minute before wrestling back with him and giving him some bites - but Finn is definitely learning how to "fight back" as well, so they rarely last more than 2 minutes. Krueger has also started to end their games when his little brother cries out, usually, so I think all in all they are making a lot of progress.

My next goal is to get them on a consistent, healthy diet, and we should be all set for life! Lol

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Sorry, work has been crazy!

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate all that you've done to help ease my mind on this issue :)
It has been getting a lot better. Finn is actively trying to wrestle and fight with Krueger probably every 20 minutes, pulling on his tail and ears, that sort of thing. Krueger sometimes puts up with it for a minute before wrestling back with him and giving him some bites - but Finn is definitely learning how to "fight back" as well, so they rarely last more than 2 minutes. Krueger has also started to end their games when his little brother cries out, usually, so I think all in all they are making a lot of progress.

My next goal is to get them on a consistent, healthy diet, and we should be all set for life! Lol
I’m so glad they are doing so well :yess:. I hope we keep seeing you around the boards! Who knows, maybe now you can help someone who was going through the same things!

Sketchyeh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so! Thank you :)

I work in a pet store so I should know this stuff, I just am a worry-wart so I always want to triple check haha. Thank you for all your help!