Are Greenies indoor health good or bad for cats?????

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my 18 yo cat has decided she only wants to eat Greenies indoor health tuna now.
Stopped eating her KD and eats very little of the can salmon she used to eat.
I know greenies are suppose to be a treat, but it seems that's all she will eat.
So is it good to feed her the greenies all the time????

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't believe Greenies are nutritionally complete, so your cat needs to eat cat food that contains all the proper nutrients.

My 18+ yo CKD cat is giving me grief as well when it comes to her cat food - and she will NOT eat any of the renal ones either. So in order to ensure she eats nutritionally complete food, I give her Gerber baby food meat (Stage 2 or you can buy Beechnut) and I add EZ Complete pre-mix to it for the added vitamins and minerals she needs. The EZ Complete works with all flavors but the chicken (due to calcium content), so she eats beef, ham, and turkey. Over half of her daily caloric intake is from baby food meat. It takes about 1/2 tsp. of the EZ Complete to make a 2.5 oz jar of baby food meat complete. I mix it right in the jar and then serve it to her.
EZComplete Premix Information (foodfurlife.com)

Have you looked through some of the lower phosphorus food options on Tanya's web site to see if there are other cat foods you could try to get your cat to eat?
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease- Canned Food Data USA (felinecrf.org)