Are baby-safe non-toxic inks suitable for cats?

salsero71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I'm trying to make prints of my cat's paws...to use as a tattoo template:-)

Would anyone know if an ink-pad that's labelled as safe for a new born baby (i.e. non-toxic etc) would be okay to use on cats?

I'm guessing they'll have licked it off their paws (ingesting it) before I manage to track them down with wipes.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Salsero71

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would imagine if they are safe for a newborn, they should be safe to a cat... Does it say keep away from pets?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salsero71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Carolinalima

I haven't actually got the product yet...I want to order one online, but obviously don't want to order if it's not suitable.

I would also assume it would be safe, but then when I think that chocolate is ok for human consumption but not for animals...I thought it would be safest to confirm first:-)

Thanks

S.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not talking about a large quantity here... He is not going to drink it, just lick traces of it, after the majority of the ink is transferred to the paper...
Another idea is to just take a picture of the paws and take it to the tattoo artist - they can trace it from that...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salsero71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi C,

I guess you're right, it won't be that much ink left on their paws, after they run around the kitchen like banshees...so I think I'll go for it.

Cheers

S.