Are all hisses bad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
B bikeman yes he's very affectionate when im getting his food ready rubbing round my legs, but the moment i put it down or even take the empty bowl away...wham..just have to remember to put some thick gloves on :) and yes any contact is on his terms, which is quite alot cos he's curious about anything im doing

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a pair of Klein Tools Rubberized gloves and an old leather coat and goggles at hand. I haven't needed these for a while, but cats will be cats and can spontaneously regress at any moment, especially the large ex-feral kind. At the moment he's cuddling in my arms, but if he sees a bug on the ceiling, then I have to watch out! :paranoid:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes the gloves are a godsend,,thankfully don’t think I need a apron, although he has very enthusiastic kneading might be a good idea lol. I’ve solved the feeding problem by just distracting him.
No hisses at all yesterday, couple of swipes when touching his toys which he’s not really interested in atm, he’d rather chase a bit of string. No aggression when sitting near me, although it was hard to resist a tummy tickle when he was showing it. Just a few really gentle bites which was quite sweet tbh. He found where I slept and decided to join me, again no aggression. Do you guys ever really trust a ex feral 100% even after years? I was watching YouTube vids and tbh he’s better behaved than some of the had from kitten cats, even after a week lol.