Apparently, I've been doing it all wrong...and I'm not alone.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know until college that people don't usually wash their hair every day. That was such a foreign concept to me. My hair is so greasy that, unless I know I'm staying home all day, I have to wash it daily. It's also why I shower in the morning. Even if I were to wash it at night, I'd wake up with it greasy. I was flabbergasted when my roommates were talking about "hair wash days"- isnt that every day?? 😳

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You'd be surprised how many able bodied, "healthy" people aren't cleaning themselves properly and practicing good hygiene.:barfgreen:
My dad has always been like that :barfgreen: He never ever showers or takes care of personal hygiene unless he's forced to because of a wedding or something he has to attend. I've heard that poor hygiene can be a sign of mental illness.

I've never washed my hair daily. It's more every other day. When I was growing up Mom used to wash my hair once a week until some cruel classmates made fun of my hair and how it smelled and I begged Mom to help me wash my hair more frequently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, something you may all think is weird....considering my thoughts on hygiene...and the lack of it with some...
I only "wash" my hair once a week. BUT, it does get rinsed when I shower everyday, and conditioned every other day. I have very dry hair, so it never gets oily. And although this would not work with many hair types, as it would cause limp, "heavy", greasy hair, conditioner alone does have cleansing properties. Even my wash day, does not include any sulfates (stuff in soap/shampoo that de-greases and causes bubbles).....it's clean though.....I promise! :) I make my own "cleansing conditioner" with silicone free conditioner, essential oils and apple cider vinegar.