Anything Wrong With The Recent Batch Of Nature's Variety Instinct Lid Wet Canned Cat Food?

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty is on NV instinct lid wet canned food, both rabbit and turkey. I ordered through Amazon. My stock is running low, thus need to reorder soon. Was checking out at Amazon to see any price change and noted a few customers feedback about their kitties not touching the recent batches ordered. And these kitties have been taking and like the food. I am very concerned about their feedback and seems no respond from NV. Anyone know about this or having the same situation as those feedback at Amazon?

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The last case I got was packaged different. I was transitioning my cat to raw so I really can't confirm if it seemed different.

Another option is order through Chewy.com. They still take back things the cat won't eat. So even if you order say venison and kitty hates it, they told me they will take it back. I'd confirm before ordering but it's another option.

I sign up for auto ship. It's so easy to change or cancel. If you haven't used it they give you 20% off your first order. They ship really fast.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can always CALL Nature's Variety and see if they've had a formula change. That might explain it, especially if their packaging is different. Nutro did that a couple of years back...just made a slight formula change. Manufacturers seem to do that frequently :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
NV has replied my earlier note to them. They stated that there have been no change. They didn't comment on those feedbacks that kiities are not touching the recent batches. I have just 24 cans from Amazon. Did not use Chewy service as it doesn't have international shipping, unless I'm wrong.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you concerned that if you order more your cats won't like it, or they will get sick from it? If you are concerned they won't like it, can you buy a can or two locally to "test the waters" so to speak, and if they eat it, then go ahead and order your case(s) from Amazon?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sallysoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you are right. I normally ordered 5 cartons (24-3oz × 5) in one cart for 3 mths supplies. My local shop does not carry this brand. To test it out whether I will hit the same situation as the feedback by others, I ordered one carton. "P My 10mth old kitty takes 2 other brands too on rotation once in a while, ie Wellness Core Duo n Feline Natural Canned. I know it is always good for kitty to take at least 3 brands in case of any recall or kitty decides not to touch one of the food, etc. NV instinct lid however is the main and my prefered meals for him. Thanks for your reply.

Kyashasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got an order of rabbit, duck, chicken and lamb from Nature's Variety Instinct Wet Food recently through chewy.com, around July 30th I started feeding her it. My cat has had the duck and chicken previously, so this is the first time that she got the lamb and rabbit, but she ate it alright and is fine. I change up what she gets each day thought, but it seemed alright. I have only fed her one can of the lamb and she is eating the rabbit today. I will let you know if she reacts differently to this within the next couple days. If I don't post then she is at least normal as far as I know.

Kyashasu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read through your first post again, I think I misunderstood. Mine likes it, I don't know how much different the rabbit and lamb are from the chicken and duck formulas besides the obvious, but she likes them all. Ate them without any problems. The rabbit is best by April 26, 2020. I don't know if that helps with what batch it is made from though, but she has eaten one of each type so far.