Anything I Can Do?

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My furboy Bradley has been home since yesterday after having 2 caths for a kidney stone and crystals. He has been eating some food here and there and drinking. He is also using his box to go to the bathroom.He has been taking his medications even though I have to force him. Is there anything I can do to help him feel better faster ?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say just keep him eating, and drinking. the meds are not fun, but very necessary. Otherwise keep the house calm, the less stress on him the better. If he wants attention give it to him, if he needs alone time let him do that as well. as long as you know he is eating, drinking and using his box as normal i think rest and relaxation are the best thing for him. Good luck and keep us updated on his progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is doing great tonight! He came out of our bedroom for a visit. Ate some dinner and sat in his cat house. He and his sister are getting used to each other again. He still strains just a little to use the potty but no running back and fourth. Right now he had his pain med and is resting.

Attachments

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is doing okay this morning. He had an accident on one of the pillows. But he did eat and used the bathroom a few times.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Bradley on medicine to relax his urethra? It is possible that he had an accident because he could not get to the box on time if he was asleep. Are the medications Bradley is on liquid form? If this is not the case then I would look into that with the vet to see if it is possible. My vet gave me a liquid form for the pills for the antibiotic that Sonny was released from the ER with. Also if any of his medicine is in capsule form ask the vet if you can open the capsule and mix it with water in a syringe. If you can do all the medicines in liquid form then I found it faster and much easier to medicate my cat. I am glad your baby is feeling better now. The advice duckpond gave you is really good too. I am glad to hear him and his sister are getting along after he came home. Casey hissed at Sonny for 3 days straight after he came home from the ER vet. Sonny just ignored the hissing and it went away. He also hissed at my other cat Apollo after he groomed Sonny and hissed at us after we cuddled with Sonny. Per advice from my vet I just let them resolve the issue since there was nothing more than hissing. I am glad you do not seem to be having this issue.

tmwick10

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he is on liquid meds for the pain and bladder spasms. He is very difficult to give medications to. But overall he seems to be doing much better.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing everything you can for Bradley. It sounds like he is doing better every day.