Anyone Use Sojos Dog Treats For Cats?

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy loves the Sojos venison liver treats, but we'd also like to offer him some goodies that don't contain liver (or chicken, turkey, or fish). So we were thinking about trying the dog treats that just list meat as an ingredient.

Are the dog treats just bigger pieces, or are they harder and crunchier than the cat treats?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the Sojos treats but Pure Bites treats sold as dog treats are just larger than the treats sold as cat treats. And they break and crumble just as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the Sojos treats but Pure Bites treats sold as dog treats are just larger than the treats sold as cat treats. And they break and crumble just as well.
Awesome! I'll look into that since Buddy prefers the texture of PureBites. Unfortunately, their only cat treat flavors he can have are the shrimp and duck liver, and we'd like to be able to offer some other options.

Bless his heart, he's so cute. Now that he's figured out he gets a goodie after I give him his meds twice a day, he runs over to the pantry as soon we're done and starts licking his lips. :lol:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what else Pure Bites offers... we've only bought turkey, chicken, and duck liver. Bravo is another good brand for freeze-dried treats and I think Primal might also make them. Again, I don't know what proteins they offer!

And yes, cats waiting for treats are so cute! Speaking of which. Last night I opened a new bag of Pure Bites for ours because they'd tipped us off to something: they'd been sitting in front of the fireplace insert a lot in recent days and when we opened it last night we found a dead bat hanging from the grating! (We'd opened it multiple times earlier this week and hadn't seen anything... our previous cat once heard a mouse so we know critters can come down the chimney...) Much excitement was had by all. And the cats were happiest of all because they got rewards! :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's the listing for the freeze dried treats for dogs: PureBites® Freeze Dried Products For Dogs | Purebites.com

Primal has a few treats for both cats and dogs:Treats

Dog treats are fine as long as they are 100% meat with nothing else. Stick with freeze dried types. Jerky ones may be too tough or rubbery for a cat.
Thanks! I look forward to seeing what kinds of goodies I can find at the holistic pet supply stores. I've gotten so used to having so few options for cats, it's exciting to think I might actually have a whole range of choices for treats! :lol:

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An fyi regarding Sojos dog treats which specifically just state the meat, e.g., "turkey" as the sole ingredient: it is heart meat only. I inquired with the company several weeks ago, hence if you are trying to limit the amount of organ treats you give.
If you want to avoid chicken and turkey, Whole Life makes freeze dried duck breast treats as does Fresh is Best, both are fine for cats and dogs.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An fyi regarding Sojos dog treats which specifically just state the meat, e.g., "turkey" as the sole ingredient: it is heart meat only. I inquired with the company several weeks ago, hence if you are trying to limit the amount of organ treats you give.
If you want to avoid chicken and turkey, Whole Life makes freeze dried duck breast treats as does Fresh is Best, both are fine for cats and dogs.
Oh, my goodness! I'm so glad you let me know that. I was just getting ready to place an order with Chewy.

I had no idea it was going to be this complicated to try to find some snacks that don't contain chicken, turkey, fish, or liver. I don't mind a bit of liver/other organ meats or shrimp every now and then. But since Buddy has come to expect a treat twice a day after I give him his meds, we just wanted some other options for his goodie box. :)