Anyone use So Phresh Pine Pellet Litter?

cubscat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone used So Phresh Pine Pellet litter? I used Feline Pine  for several years with my former cats (we all loved it) but have thus far been using only clumping clay litters for my new senior cat Bochy as she is still recovering from several bouts of diarrhea. I'd like to go back to a pine pellet once she's stable and have heard that the product integrity of Feline Pine has noticeably declined in recent years. So Phresh is a Petco brand, readily available locally, and is reasonably priced but I haven't found much in the way of reviews for the product. Any feedback would be welcome.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no experience with the So Phresh Pine Pellet litter but did want to let you know what I DO use and works very well for cats who will use pellets, and that is Tractor Supply's Natural Pine Equine Bedding, which looks like Feline Pine but costs a lot less, and since I'm caring for multiple cats, that's important to me.  It costs $5.98 for a 40-pound bag, so if you have no problem handling 40-pound bags, it's great. The cheapest price I've seen for Feline Pine is $7.64 for a 20 lb. bag through Chewys.com and local stores go up from there, averaging around $11 for 20 pounds.  That's a big savings for me since I go through about 80 pounds a week with my crew.  I do have two boxes that contain Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat clay litter because I have a couple of cats who will pee beside the box rather than use the pine.  I have the two clay litter boxes in specific target areas and that works for us.  I know there are plenty of Tractor Supply stores in Arizona so there may be one near you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubscat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the tip, Red Top Rescue. I'm a disabled senior with severe arthritis and am proud that I can still manage to handle 20lb jugs of litter but those 40lb bags would be beyond my capability. However, if Bochy adapts to the SoPhresh Pine litter, I'll definitely look into those 40lb bags at Tractor Supply (there's one in Fountain Hills, about 14 miles from my house) -- if they can put it into the trunk for me, once I get home I can break it down into smaller batches by doling it into those waiting-to-be-recycled plastic jugs from the clay litters.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I likewise use equine horse bedding (From Rural King in my case), which is a similar under 6 bucks for a 40lb bag product.

I'm a big fan of the pellets, but if weight is a major issue, you could always use the litter breeze system as designed, which is a bit more expensive, but involves very low weights and is readily available.