Anyone Use Darwins?

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am almost out of RadCat. Bought some Instinct & Primal and really don't like the looks of it. Wanted to try Darwins but they want autoship. Have any of you tried it and how is it?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used it or any other raw. Nothing against them, just haven't used them. However, that Darwin insists on signing up for autoship before you've even had a chance to see if your cats like it - nope.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used it or any other raw. Nothing against them, just haven't used them. However, that Darwin insists on signing up for autoship before you've even had a chance to see if your cats like it - nope.
The auto ship can be cancelled at any time. Plus they have an introductory offer that is a great deal : 10 lbs for $15.

I've used Darwin's a couple of times. The cats all liked it.

Last edited:

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used it a while back when it was much cheaper. My cats loved it, but I get the feeling that it was a little bone heavy. They got constipated, and it was too expensive for long term feeding. I ended up switching to homemade ground raw and recently transitioned them to prey model raw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used it a while back when it was much cheaper. My cats loved it, but I get the feeling that it was a little bone heavy. They got constipated, and it was too expensive for long term feeding. I ended up switching to homemade ground raw and recently transitioned them to prey model raw.
I worry about the bone! I ordered less frequently by giving my cat a lower weight. Actually, what she should weigh. I am going to feed a little of the other stuff and some cooked chicken to make sure we don't get too much bone. Afraid that the other stuff, Signature Raw has too much bone as well. That is why I liked RadCat. Protein is expensive, bone and fat are cheap. Maybe I will experiment with homemade but right now I needed something to feed her.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never used Darwins before, however, most of what I've read about it is that it is bone dense.

The only raw I'm aware of that may have reasonable bone percentages would be Primal's pork-6%, or their venison or beef/salmon 7%, if those percentages are accurate.

There is another raw company, Big Bear, the beef and lamb have a calcium / phos ratio of 1:1, according to the owner.

Both Primal and Big Bear have ingredients other than meat.

Fegnion, based in NYC, is another raw company, super pricey though (containers like Rad Cat), however, you'd have to contact the company to find out about the bone percentages.

Finally, Raw Dynamic makes frozen raw for cats, also based in NYC, you'd also have to inquire with the company re: bone percentages.

Good luck, there aren't any raw products on the market comparable to Rad Cat, unfortunately, which used eggshell as their calcium source.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never used Darwins before, however, most of what I've read about it is that it is bone dense.

The only raw I'm aware of that may have reasonable bone percentages would be Primal's pork-6%, or their venison or beef/salmon 7%, if those percentages are accurate.

There is another raw company, Big Bear, the beef and lamb have a calcium / phos ratio of 1:1, according to the owner.

Both Primal and Big Bear have ingredients other than meat.

Fegnion, based in NYC, is another raw company, super pricey though (containers like Rad Cat), however, you'd have to contact the company to find out about the bone percentages.

Finally, Raw Dynamic makes frozen raw for cats, also based in NYC, you'd also have to inquire with the company re: bone percentages.

Good luck, there aren't any raw products on the market comparable to Rad Cat, unfortunately, which used eggshell as their calcium source.
Thanks for all the info!