Anyone Seen This Black Spotting And Starting Albon

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rescued ginger Tom has chin blackheads and possible worms. He's got a great probiotic to go along with Albon for 7-10 days. He's had loose stool for weeks but sometimes ok, smelly but royal canine digestive helped. He scratches one spot briefly on his neck and I'm unable to locate a flea plus he was outside through a freeze. He's just not quite right and can only assume he has worms (tummy bloat n gas, too). Will I know if this will help. Also the black spots in the nose seem like a fungus n don't rub off

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no way we can predict whether or not Albon will help with your guy, because we don't really know what is wrong with him. Did you take him to the Vet? Is that where you got the Albon? You didn't really say, but it IS a prescription drug. I just don't know whether or not you had it from a previous issue. If you took him to the Vet, then they should have been able to determine whether your guy has worms, but I've never heard of Albon being used to treat worms. It's more used for either a bacterial infection or coccicidia.

As to the black dots on his chin blackheads (from your subject line) and spots on his nose, I can't see anything from your picture because it doesn't enlarge, but it could be Feline Acne. Do you feed him from plastic bowls? If so, that could be the issue. Try switching to metal bowls and be sure to wash them daily with soap and water (both food and water bowls). You can clean his chin and nose with Vetricyn or even Stridex and see if it clears up. Sometimes this requires an antibiotic if it gets bad, but sometimes not. Here's an article on it: Feline Acne

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, vet prescribed as it does kill multiple worms n can't afford tests. His belly has gone down some n I'm keeping him hydrated. With his history it's safer to assume worms...he had small uri n weak immune due to stress of major life change n being indoors, again...he was not born feral n will b neutered asap

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, if your Vet prescribed it for this particular instance, then hopefully it'll do the trick!

:crossfingers:

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just realized he's been doing 5 days of Panacur too

jjc1140

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Panacur helps with roundworms and some strains of Tapeworms. Tapeworms look like little pieces of rice that you will find in their bedding. Sometimes you may see a segment of the white segment of the tapeworm in their stool or in their rectum moving. Roundworms you typically don't always see but occassionally you may after being wormed or if they are heavily infested. They look like spagetti usually white, grey or grayish brown color - really almost like a ugly , ugly earthworm lol. They are very long 1 to 2 inches usually at least. If they have roundworms it can cause a bloated belly but so can other things including but not limited to their diet.

The black spot on the nose is hard to tell but I agree with above it is most likely acne definitely on his chin and more than likely a clogged pore on his nose and not related to Albon. What color is the Albon liquid? It is slight possibility it could have gotten in his pores when you gave it by mouth and clogged the pore if it was thick and darker in color but other than that I would say that is completely unrelated and most likely nothing to be to concerned about but agree with the tips above. You just need to make sure the acne doesn't get infected and font pick at them yourself because that can lead to an infection. I would follow the advice above in regards to that.

Also, the other protozoa to worry with are usually Coccidia and Giardia and they are covered on the medications he is on but what did the vet prescribe the Albon specifically for? I'm assuming he did because of the loose stool but did he test him at the office for anything ? I may have missed that sorry if I did

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm struggling with his diet. (Panacur was liquid n albon was pills which he has 2 more days of). He does have the blackheads. My friend is a vet and I told her everything n I think she wanted to cover giardia n coccidia. Panacur is done. His stool is like soft serve ice cream n stinks a lot. When I give him royal canine digestive in wet, he'll eat a can but then I need to mix it ...I've got him on s boulardii, some l casei, bifida, but fortiflora at least helped him eat anything although a poor probiotic... I bought some purina digestive dry cuz it's 1/4 of his meals or for late night snack. All the wet foods make his BM powerfully strong ...he needs neutering. I got the meds for free so we could start on something n he had a few bare circles so I knew round wrm at least. I realize his cont looser stool needs an answer so probiotics now. I've used a syringe to give extra water which annoys him but those meds need hydration.