Anyone ordered before from Petmax.ca?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
On my search yesterday I noted a new company. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I made an order from homesalive.ca last week and that went well.

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No but I checked trustpilot and there's only 1 review who gave 1 star 🥶
They say "Buyer Beware as this store only it would seem cares about getting rid of old stock"
But I would not judge based on this reviews only....at least their order arrived 😂

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally have no clue... but I did see this..
They do have a lot of seemingly good reviews.

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi A Alldara
I've not but I have a new neighbor from Canada that moved to Florida to spend the winters here,she buys from PetMax regularly,very satisfied but asked me who I buy pet supplies from because she has to sometimes pay shipping costs since she's here( it's free in Canada)..... and a couple of her orders were delayed.....in Canada she has no problems and they offer many discounts-

I'm mentioning this because my neighbor has been a PetMax customer of many years -if that helps,do you live in Canada?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi A Alldara
I've not but I have a new neighbor from Canada that moved to Florida to spend the winters here,she buys from PetMax regularly,very satisfied but asked me who I buy pet supplies from because she has to sometimes pay shipping costs since she's here( it's free in Canada)..... and a couple of her orders were delayed.....in Canada she has no problems and they offer many discounts-

I'm mentioning this because my neighbor has been a PetMax customer of many years -if that helps,do you live in Canada?
Thanks for the response. Yes. I'm in Canada. I was looking around for some more deals since the main distributers here are PetSmart, Pet Valu and Ren's. Ren's is a new one where I live. We don't have a lot of competition in the market. Everything else is usually smaller local shops.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No but I checked trustpilot and there's only 1 review who gave 1 star 🥶
They say "Buyer Beware as this store only it would seem cares about getting rid of old stock"
But I would not judge based on this reviews only....at least their order arrived 😂
I've never even heard of Trust pilot. Do you find it reliable for reviews? Not sure how well-known it is in Canada.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the response. Yes. I'm in Canada. I was looking around for some more deals since the main distributers here are PetSmart, Pet Valu and Ren's. Ren's is a new one where I live. We don't have a lot of competition in the market. Everything else is usually smaller local shops.
My neighbor seems to think PetMax is by far the best deal for Canadians... plus that free shipping is a BIG deal- I believe she told be there's no minimum to get free shipping on her purchases .

I just sent a litter box that was not what I wanted to a friend,I got a refund and WalMart told me to go ahead and keep it,not necessary to return..... cost me $50. to ship!!!More than the item cost- imagine that?!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My neighbor seems to think PetMax is by far the best deal for Canadians... plus that free shipping is a BIG deal- I believe she told be there's no minimum to get free shipping on her purchases .

I just sent a litter box that was not what I wanted to a friend,I got a refund and WalMart told me to go ahead and keep it,not necessary to return..... cost me $50. to ship!!!More than the item cost- imagine that?!
I don't use Walmart online as I noticed their online store is not just Walmart, it is a mix of vendors. I don't think it's very transparent about it either. I found out the hard way when I purchased a thermometer and recieved masks instead. It was a private vendor communicating with me as well...so not just Walmart purchasing from suppliers and then selling to consumers as usual.

With Amazon, at least I know it's various vendors.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A Alldara
It took me some time to realize there's tons of 3td party vendors but the good part is Walmart stands behind everything sold and you don't have to deal with the vendor in the even there's a problem- like the litter box,it was the size you'd use for a horse and I did not order Xtra large- the vendor said they would send a return label but as I was waiting I called WalMart 800 number,refunded me and told me to keep it!
You can see who the seller is before you order,after you realize there are 3rd party vendors( like me,lol) - I'm not the greatest on a computer but if I learned to navigate on there then any one csn- they undersell Chewy.com,PetSmart & others at every turn because of all the 3td party vendors and returns are simple - just in case you might want to give them another go!
I found my Catio Enclosure and ended up paying around $100.less through a vender on Walmart - you've seen the photos,same brand that the major pet supplies and Home Depot sells.....and no,I don't work for Walmart -rofl.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kwik Kwik In Canada you seem to deal directly with the vendor. It may just be different laws for US and Canada. In any case, Walmart doesn't make their site navigation easy or transparent so I just use other vendors. I spend a lot of time on computers and hate shopping, online or otherwise. If a big company like Walmart can't be user-friendly, too bad for them. They don't even give me a functional "pick up in store" option. I shop there only when I physically go to Walmart. Walmart can afford the tech-team to fix their site, they're just being cheap.

Actually I've found Wayfair has better prices than Walmart sometimes and they've been quite pleasant to deal with. We ordered some cat trees from there. At least for Canada.

We also use Canadian Tire sometimes, which sounds like it's only cars but is similar to Walmart. You get points there as well.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
A Alldara .... it sounds like they are quite different in Canada and you're certainly right about them being too cheap to improve their glitchy website- here there are always in store pick up options - but here in any WalMart store I've ever been to it's awful,like a 5 & dime store with barren stock,incompetent staff and just not a good experience
I hate shopping too and I'm so bad on computers ,Wayfair looks wonderful but I've yet to figure out how to get something,my shipping address is different than my debit card so its always a problem- except at (lol) WalMart!Thank God I've got my cousin to order stuff for me and send it here,he's good with all that online jazz

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just seeing this thread now.

I've never heard of Petmax.ca, though I don't use a lot of online sites. Mostly Amazon, and occasionally Wayfair.

I don't use Walmart online as I noticed their online store is not just Walmart, it is a mix of vendors.
I've ordered from Walmart before, and not had any issues. However, I am sure to click the "Sold & Shipped by Walmart" box, as you're right there's a mix of vendors.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Goodness! I order all the time from my card to family and friends homes for gifts. That would be an annoying issue!

rubysmama rubysmama If I try it, I'll let you know!

My homesalive order came in. It was $12 shipping through Canada Post. Everything was in good order. They had some Cat Lures attachments on sale...some I hadn't seen in store around here! And Lamburgerini from Wureva on sale for only $1.99 a can. Excellent deal. I was quite happy with the customer service as well.

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never even heard of Trust pilot. Do you find it reliable for reviews? Not sure how well-known it is in Canada.
Yeah it is a reliable software, which offers effective features to improve companies' online reputation and customer experience.
Here in Italy we use it every time we need to check a site , or at least, I do 😶