Anyone like cars?

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know most of you arent probably into cars at all just wondering if any of your husbands/boyfriend like cars.

i myself own a 2004 dodge srt-4 with rought about 270-280hp and 300 ft-lb torque. none of you may not know what that means but if you like cars you should.

im usually on a car forum all day so this is why i ask. i joined this forum cause of my girlfriend and enjoy reading some of the posts on here.

travis

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a mild interest in cars, and thanks to my boyfriend, I know what you're talking about in that second portion of your post. My boyfriend is part of many car forums as well, and is mainly a Volvo guy (which many people find ridiculous, until they see his car go and learn about what's going on in his -- and many of his Volvo friends -- vehicles). He drives an 850 Turbo Wagon with a chip in it. I don't remember his exact horsepower or how many pounds of torque he runs, but I could always find out. It's been really surprising to learn that cars that people wouldn't think of as being high performance (including some others besides Volvos) can actually be faster than the cars people typically picture being quick.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cars. Sports cars!!!

I have a Celica, a 2000. It's so much fun to drive. I don't have a chip or anhything in the engine, just the plain ol GT, which is enough for me. I beat the living tar out of my car, seriously. I have to warn people when they get into the passenger seat to hold on, and hold on tight; I wrestle that shifter to the ground!

Here's a pic of my car. I had a special paint job done (on the side skirts & hood) and I added clear tails & side markers. Tinted the windows, bought Konig rims & low-profile tires for it. I recently blew out my front tire, that was lots of fun; I was going about 90 on the interstate and hit "something". Kinda sucked but I certainly did NOT learn my lesson. I still am a maniac behind my wheel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

I have a mild interest in cars, and thanks to my boyfriend, I know what you're talking about in that second portion of your post. My boyfriend is part of many car forums as well, and is mainly a Volvo guy (which many people find ridiculous, until they see his car go and learn about what's going on in his -- and many of his Volvo friends -- vehicles). He drives an 850 Turbo Wagon with a chip in it. I don't remember his exact horsepower or how many pounds of torque he runs, but I could always find out. It's been really surprising to learn that cars that people wouldn't think of as being high performance (including some others besides Volvos) can actually be faster than the cars people typically picture being quick.
yea people tend to forget anything can be made quick with the right inginuity and the right parts. you just have to know what you are doing.

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl

I love cars. Sports cars!!!

I have a Celica, a 2000. It's so much fun to drive. I don't have a chip or anhything in the engine, just the plain ol GT, which is enough for me. I beat the living tar out of my car, seriously. I have to warn people when they get into the passenger seat to hold on, and hold on tight; I wrestle that shifter to the ground!

Here's a pic of my car. I had a special paint job done (on the side skirts & hood) and I added clear tails & side markers. Tinted the windows, bought Konig rims & low-profile tires for it. I recently blew out my front tire, that was lots of fun; I was going about 90 on the interstate and hit "something". Kinda sucked but I certainly did NOT learn my lesson. I still am a maniac behind my wheel.
yea you cant really control yourself when youve got a fast car. i know everytime i get on the high way i drop the hammer down all the time. its so much going from 20-80 in a matter of seconds.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cars, mainly due to growing up with just my Dad and my brother, so if you didn't talk about cars then you tended to get ignored!

Seriously tempted to buy a Nissan Skyline at the moment, I have to keep repeating: 'there's nothing wrong with my current car, it's a waste of money' each time I drive past the garage on the way to work. Sooner or later I'll give in!

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purity

I love cars, mainly due to growing up with just my Dad and my brother, so if you didn't talk about cars then you tended to get ignored!

Seriously tempted to buy a Nissan Skyline at the moment, I have to keep repeating: 'there's nothing wrong with my current car, it's a waste of money' each time I drive past the garage on the way to work. Sooner or later I'll give in!
a nissan skyline would be nice thats for sure. im not into the imported stuff except for vw. im a domestic guy. mopar or no car.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neonsohc

a nissan skyline would be nice thats for sure. im not into the imported stuff except for vw. im a domestic guy. mopar or no car.
Ah, but in the UK we have little choice of decent home made cars, unless you count the odd Ford (which I don't think are even made here anymore anyway!)

My current car is VW gti turbo, can't fault the build quality and so far is the most reliable car I've had. Skyline may be less reliable, but very little could touch it on the road. I've always had a craving to put those boys in Subarus in their place!

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Actually, I like old muscle cars. My dream car is a '69 Chevelle SS.
my dream cars are a 69 charger and a 69 corvette stingray.

i want to rebuild at least one of them before i pass away.

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

Ahhh the Dukes of Hazzard Car
I wouldn't mind a 69 camaro either.
oh yes of course. dukes of hazard. i love that show. a 69 camarao would be very nice as well.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE my truck. I've put quite a few "extra's" on her. I love the way the wheels look in the second pic!!!

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Thanks! It's the first non-crappy vehicle I've had
. Nice car, BTW and I LOVE the pic with Oscar
thanks.

megansvdub

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband and I own a few VWs we are a part of a few VW online Forums and groups around our area. With our driving records its obvious we both had a need for speed, infact i can't tell you how many times i've actually been pulled over, LOL. But we have both slowed down alot and we both almost have clear driving records again. Roscoe owns a '96 VW GTi VR6 and i own a '03 VW GTi 1.8T but i've sold it to a friend who is paying me payments for it, because they couldn't get a vehicle because of past credit history and the payments and my insurance at the time were way too high for me. But i now own a '74 VW Thing. here are a few pictures.

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megansvdub

My husband and I own a few VWs we are a part of a few VW online Forums and groups around our area. With our driving records its obvious we both had a need for speed, infact i can't tell you how many times i've actually been pulled over, LOL. But we have both slowed down alot and we both almost have clear driving records again. Roscoe owns a '96 VW GTi VR6 and i own a '03 VW GTi 1.8T but i've sold it to a friend who is paying me payments for it, because they couldn't get a vehicle because of past credit history and the payments and my insurance at the time were way too high for me. But i now own a '74 VW Thing. here are a few pictures.
my one friend wanted to buy a vw thing a while ago and restore it. those things are pretty cool.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah the memories! I used to love borrowing my brother's 1970 Dodge SuperBee. That car used to fly!

My dream car is a 1957 Chevrolet BelAir. Some day when I'm rich, I'm going to get me one!

PS - Oscar is lovely behind the wheel.

neonsohc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Ah the memories! I used to love borrowing my brother's 1970 Dodge SuperBee. That car used to fly!

My dream car is a 1957 Chevrolet BelAir. Some day when I'm rich, I'm going to get me one!

PS - Oscar is lovely behind the wheel.
thanks. that cat just loves working in the garage with me. its kind of funny but he gets in the way sometimes.