anyone knows about radcat lamb?

sungjae pae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought radcat lamb and venison recently because I heard radcat raw food is best for cat
However, my kitty never eats this food. what should I do I already bought it over 100bucks Also I cannot return this stuff I don not know how to feed to my kitten..

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you already feed raw, or is this totally new for you and your cat? If your cat isn't used to raw food, then you need to do a slow, gradual transition - both to get him/her used to this new type of food, and to get his/her digestion used to it too. Sudden changes can cause tummy upsets, and that won't help either of you ;)
[article="31138"][/article][article="22434"][/article][article="31673"][/article][article="22501"][/article]

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Columbine raises a good point: some cats take time to get used to the idea of raw food. Beyond that, others may not especially like lamb or venison, particularly if they're not used to those. Our cats love Rad Cat chicken and turkey and will eat it, happily, every day, but they just will not eat the lamb.

I agree about slowly trying to reintroduce the food. Some people try mixing raw food with familiar canned foods; sometimes crumbling a treat on the food will help, too.

Good luck, there's nothing more frustrating than spending a lot of money on food that cats won't eat!

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toppers. Use toppers to entice your cat to try the raw food. 

fordfairlane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Bonito flakes. I have 2 boy kitties on a cheaper local raw food brand, but my old lady kitty eats Radcat. She was a hardcore kibble addict for most of her life, and has been difficult to switch to raw. She eats turkey, venison, and lamb.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sungjae pae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for reply I tried all of direction you guys tell but still don't eat.. I think I should throw away

fordfairlane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try mixing a very small amount into a food that your cat already accepts. Once she is eating that, add a little more raw, and less of the old food. Transitioning to raw can take time. My older kibble addict took about a month to transition and still needs the occasional sprinkle of bonito flakes to finish her food.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
when I first tried radcat, I bought, chicken, turkey & lamb. My cats wouldn't eat any of it. I mixed a little of all 3 together & now they eat it. Cat's are weird!

I just bought the venison & beef, only 1 cat will eat them. I mixed the two together & now all eat it.

ozgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So sorry your cats don't like it. That's really premium meat so maybe donate to a rescue organization ?

cat princesses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was mixing the gerber baby food into mine at first, you can use these tiny jars, either the beef and gravy, chicken and gravy, turkey or ham.  You have to refrigerate the jars once opened and then I'd just take a table spoon and put it in a glass dish, warm it for 10 seconds in microwave and mix into the raw.  Remember, the raw only keeps once it's thawed in the fridge for about 4 days.  You can always thaw, portion into smaller portions and re freeze so you are only working with smaller amounts.