Anyone know where to buy newspaper litter for cheap?

gemmamiso

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've found that newspaper pellet litter works the best for me and my cats, but it's $20 for a 25lb bag, and we get through a bag every week! I cannot afford to keep buying it, so I switched to pine pellets, which are awful. Anyone know a way to get the newspaper pellets on the cheap? Thank you :)

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Walmart and/or Costco might be your best bet. If your cats don't mind different brands, stocking up when there are sales.

We don't personally have a Costco card, but we find that people are happy to pick up for us if we give them cash.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you're friendly with the staff at whatever store you use, you could approach them and ask if you put in a bulk order, if they could work with you on the price a little. Never hurts to ask, at least!
I did find this Pet Topic: Make Your Own Newspaper Cat Litter If you have access to newspapers, maybe making a batch or two to bulk out what you buy would make it stretch a little further.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemmamiso

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you're friendly with the staff at whatever store you use, you could approach them and ask if you put in a bulk order, if they could work with you on the price a little. Never hurts to ask, at least!
I did find this Pet Topic: Make Your Own Newspaper Cat Litter If you have access to newspapers, maybe making a batch or two to bulk out what you buy would make it stretch a little further.
This looks great! I will search for a way to access newspapers! Thank you :)