Anyone Know What Breed My Little Chyna Is?❤️

ChynaTheKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got a new kitten her name is chyna! And I've been wondering what breed she is, people ask and I'm not quite sure what to say lol, she has similar features to the Maine coon but I know she isn't one as she is so so small, maybe she's half? when I picked her up from the breeder the mother and father were there, the father was gorgeous! He was like a silver tabby and had a beautiful face almost like a Siamese so maybe he was a mix of breeds, and the mother was all black and medium long haired and has this gorgeous big bushy tail, but I'm still not sure what breed my little chyna is! Someone tell me!!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You saw the parents, so you can decide, what sort of mix your sweet Chyna is.

Was the father biggish and longhaired? Maine Coon arent renown to be points, but I suppose somedays it must happen. Otherwise, an alternative may be a pointed Siberian or Neva Masquerade (Neva is essentially a pointed Siberian). Yes, they are longhairs... But their size is almost as Maine Coon, Neva may perhaps be a shade less so than Siberian.

Did momma looked as a Maine Coon?

I mean, being a breed is really not what looks, but what parentage. Proven by certifiates or by a creditible background. For example, seeing the parents.

So the great majority of all cats are domestics, they dont belong to no especial breed.

But its a nice pastime to speculate, what look alikes they are perhaps. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChynaTheKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was quite a big cat yes but not long haired however the mother was medium long haired, yeah it sure is I've been comparing her to all sorts of different cats this past month Thanks so much for the reply!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Chyna does look to have some Maine Coon features, but short of papers or a DNA test, she'd be called a Domestic Longhair. Do you have pictures of the parents?

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, mixed Maine Coons can have short hair, so It is not a crazy guess that Chyna's father could be a Maine Coon X. He would carry the gene for long hair, which is recessive to short hair, and pass It down to his daughter.
She does sure have the looks of a Maine Coon mix, really pretty.