Anyone know this cutie's breed?

alexissenglishh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my Luna. She is about 8 months old. I got her at a local shelter at a VERY young (too young to be away from a mother) age of about 5 weeks. She was adopted to me as a Siamese kitten. But as time has gone on, I have come to realize that, though she may be part Siamese given her vocal talents, she is something else! We thought maybe Maine Coon due to her somewhat "M" shape on her forehead?

Please let me know what you think! I would love to get anyone's feedback:)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

This is my Luna. She is about 8 months old. I got her at a local shelter at a VERY young (too young to be away from a mother) age of about 5 weeks. She was adopted to me as a Siamese kitten. But as time has gone on, I have come to realize that, though she may be part Siamese given her vocal talents, she is something else! We thought maybe Maine Coon due to her somewhat "M" shape on her forehead?

She is a point (="siamese-mix")  AND tabby.   That is why this M on the forehead.   A point and tabby is often called for a Lynx point.

She is surely a domestic, but if you so wish, you can compare her to a siamese old type.  They are called for Thai today.

And the M on the forehead = maine coon is a myth.  Its just typical for tabbies, and most maine coons are tabbies.

Good luck!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wait, do I see a red splotch on her ear?   She is thus, a tortoiseshell too,  tortie and tabby is often called for torbie.

Thus,  torbie point...   Or something like that...   It will prob be Lynx and tortoiseshell point.

ps.   We shall probably throw in for good measure a:  with white.

Thus, Lynx and  tortoiseshell point with white....  Something like that...    I wont tell the exact color of the point, Im not good at that.

Last edited:

smittendakittn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

smittendakittn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree she does look like a Siamese we have a few that are at the shelter but some of them are called seal pt(point) Siamese very sweet cats torties /torbies are more darker rust colored like a marble cake haha a few of them as well also sweet we do get a lot of new ones this the season of the kittens this month god bless spring paws and licks smittendakitten