Anyone Know if this could be a Bengal mix?

pumpkin101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitty at a shelter when he was 10 weeks old, he was found in the woods all alone. They said he is a DSH but I was told he looks like he is in the Bengal Tiger family. After researching a little bit- his personality kind of matches it also. He follows me everywhere, he is VERY curious, and plays more at night- getting into EVERYTHING! I have tried getting him many toys to play with, but he still seems bored.. [emoji]128532[/emoji] Can't get a full nights sleep bc I'm always waking up yelling at him to stop getting into stuff! One of his favorite things is putting his paw behind a picture or mirror on the wall and pulling at it so it slams back to the wall making a loud noise! Uh! Help! I love him so much- I want to learn as much as I can about him so he isn't so bored anymore, and will be quiet at night.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yours red tuxedo has the less usual pattern of classic tabby.   So he is marbled almost alike some bengals.   But while with a bengal we usually dont see the classical bulls eye, with Red we do see them clearly.

He is nice, he is pretty, and he is a domestic short hair.  No visible bengal ancestry...   

OK, what to do with the energy, especielly at nights...  That is a different story.   A common solution is to get him a pal.  Another BAD solution, is to allow him to go out at night...  Its the easy, but bad solution...  A third is to make sure he plays much on the days, especielly on the evening (with you prhaps?)  and entice him to sleep with you when its time to sleep...  You can also leave the tv on, as he apparently follows the tv.  Or have such a floating fishes through the video.

A innetted balcony is useful.  They breath the air, feel the scents, listen to the sounds...  And are often contend with this.

Letting you get alarmed at every sound and everything to do learns him this is an easy way to get your company for the moment!

katiee88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As far as night energy goes, I know chasing a laser pointer for about 20 minutes up and down the stairs did wonders for mine! Then I would feed her, and cuddles only if she was lying with me, no recognition otherwise. Eventually her sleeping patterns changed and she started loving her nightly cuddles... calls me to bed every night now! You can also try gluten free foods, dye free foods, etc... as these can have the same effect on cats that they do on young children (energy and behavioral issues... add/adhd) or so says my research.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pumpkin101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Getting him a pal is one I have tried- but parents won't allow. I wish I could! I do have one of those toys that hangs at the end of a pole, that he LOVES.. And we do play with it at night. He does go to sleep- but it doesn't last all night. He woke me up more than 4 times last night before I just shut my door so he couldn't come in. Problem is, litter box is in my room so I shouldn't do that do much :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pumpkin101

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And I would NEVER let him outside.. I had a cat that got hit by a car and died once, and another that got a stroke and she was only 8- and I really believe that something from outside did something to her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As far as night energy goes, I know chasing a laser pointer for about 20 minutes up and down the stairs did wonders for mine! Then I would feed her, and cuddles only if she was lying with me, no recognition otherwise. Eventually her sleeping patterns changed and she started loving her nightly cuddles... calls me to bed every night now! You can also try gluten free foods, dye free foods, etc... as these can have the same effect on cats that they do on young children (energy and behavioral issues... add/adhd) or so says my research.
Interesting tips, the same as tired sometimes for children with ADHD and similiar... Tx!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And I would NEVER let him outside.. I had a cat that got hit by a car and died once, and another that got a stroke and she was only 8- and I really believe that something from outside did something to her.
I agree with you, the outside tends to be dangerous.  Im living in a queiet village.  As done for having the cat outside.  Yet almost every of our neigbours had lost at least one cat to an accident.  Its usually the train whom cripples or smashes them.  Even the very cautious ones.  They manage to avoid the usual trains, but its probably the quickly going train that never stops at hour village, which catches them.   They are probably sitting on the rails and waits on the mices in the grass nearby.  Peculiar they dont feel of the shakings...

Anywayd, Im convinced many of these people whom say, they let the cat out because its so natural, and the cats needs it, etc, do it really so they wont need to bother nor find something to do for the cat.  Its the easy "solution"