Anyone Here Has The Litter Robot?

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am thinking of buying an automatic litter box. Are there any Litter Robot owners here? Is it worth it? I travel often and it's a challenge coming back to such a messy litter box.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't have one but I've always been curious about them, too, wondering if they really work. I hope someone who has used one will chime in with some thoughts.

By the way, how long are you gone when you travel? Do you have someone who can come by and check on your kitty for companionship and care while you're gone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My sister can but she's very allergic to cats. I don't trust those boarding places. You kitty could get fleas or other diseases there, I think.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
One of my pet sitting clients has a litter robot (or one of those). She tells me not to worry about cleaning it out, and she's gone for 3-5 nights.

I never really looked at it to see how it looks after a few days. Tomorrow is my last day pet sitting her cats so if I remember, I'll take a peek inside and see.

I do pet sitting on the side, the animals are more comfortable in their own homes. If you can get someone to come by at least once a day to feed and check in on them, as well as clean the box, you'll have happy kitties when you get home.

My neighbor watches my cats for me while I am gone on vacations. I have less worries knowing they're taken cared for

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great Draco!

catlitterguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am thinking of buying an automatic litter box. Are there any Litter Robot owners here? Is it worth it? I travel often and it's a challenge coming back to such a messy litter box.
I just got one and have been pretty happy with it. I bought it also because I have to travel quite frequent and tired of coming home to a stinky place. The litter sifting feature works quite well but only on clumping litter. The litter drawer is roomy but the spent litter has the tendency to form a "pyramid" in it and gave false impression that the waste drawer is full. It took me some tries to figure out which clumping litter works best. If you don't mind doing some trial and error, I think the litter robot works really well.

If your cat is lighter than 5 lbs, it won't work for you (yet). The sensor may not recognize the small weight change.

Some of the other cons that you probably already know is the price and the size.

They recently came out with a wifi connected function that provides indication if drawer is full. I am hoping to get that soon.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will look into it, even though I am getting mixed reviews people saying it's too noisy, huge, and expensive. I think it has been upgraded. Thanks

Johere

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I don’t have one. I don’t travel anymore. I’m retired and stay home with KITTY and he enjoys the company of a Shepard mix and a cockatiel name of Humphrey. Life is good. I clean the litter every day. It’s no problem. I been enjoying all this chitchat on here. I got my cat at the pound as a baby. His name is Tiny but I call Kitty and he comes to me. He sleeps on my bed at night and he loves to go to all the windows and look out. It’s nice to be here and inside with all the cold freezing snow. Johere

FordChick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 for 7 cats..going on 2 months, now. Literally a life changer!!!! I do NOT scoop 4 boxes 4 times a day, anymore. I just change two plastic bags and top off the litter every so often.

Also, i may give the inside plastic a quick wipe with a clorox disinfectant wipe if i see a couple of poop streaks...but not necessary