Anyone here ever get the 3 year purevax rabies shot for their cats?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, just wondering if anyone here has ever gotten their cats the purevax three year vaccine? If so any thoughts? Also curious what the price of the 3 year vs 1 year was? Was it more than 3 times the prices?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, my cat gets the 3 year purevax. At our clinic it’s slightly more than the one year version but not three times more- I think the 3 year was around $30 and 1 year was $20.
Cats can get injection site sarcoma from the use of needles (whether it’s for subQ fluids or meds or vaccinations) and while it’s rare, cutting down the number of times my cat has to get poked with a needle seems like a good plan to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, my cat gets the 3 year purevax. At our clinic it’s slightly more than the one year version but not three times more- I think the 3 year was around $30 and 1 year was $20.
Cats can get injection site sarcoma from the use of needles (whether it’s for subQ fluids or meds or vaccinations) and while it’s rare, cutting down the number of times my cat has to get poked with a needle seems like a good plan to me!
What? That's extraordinarily cheap? I think most places charge $35 for the 1 year rabies purevax.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live to get a 3 year purevax rabies vaccine for only $30?

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What? That's extraordinarily cheap? I think most places charge $35 for the 1 year rabies purevax.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live to get a 3 year purevax rabies vaccine for only $30?
I actually went and looked at the receipt and it was $39.99, my bad! I live in California and the vet my cat goes to is not fancy - they’re great, but it’s an older building with smaller rooms in a less expensive city. A quick Google shows prices at various vets around the country to be anywhere from $20-60, so it seems like it varies a lot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow so I guess not everything is Cali is super expensive. Thanks for sharing!