Anyone have any advice? Cat has cystitis?

Kayseymac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I made a post recently about my kittens reoccurring UTI. We got the urinalyses back today and the vet said she thinks my cat has stress induced cystitis. My cat is peeing normally now, and I want to keep it that way. My kitten has always been skittish. She likes to play and cuddle, but I adopted her as a feral kitten so she has always been less confident than my older cat.

I’m not surprised my kitten is stressed honestly. My older cat likes to rough house. My kitten usually doesn’t initiate that play. Most of their play is my kitten trying to get away from older cat. They are more similar in size now but my kitten is still scared. They have never hurt each other and my older cat doesn’t mean anything by it but I can tell my kitten doesn’t always like it. I ordered feliway just now. The vet recommended getting a cat tree but my older cat can’t have that because he tries to eat the sisal string. My cats run on Top of the couches all the time and they have cat tunnels and cat toys.

what else can I do my make my cat less stressed?

hybriseris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are cat trees without sisal, as well as shelving units that can go on your walls to create vertical space to run around on. This would be a really excellent way for your stressed kitty to get some space from your older cat and greatly decrease her stress.

The Feliway can be very helpful, and for my more stress-y cat, I've had great luck with a calming collar. I like the Sentry one, just make sure you're purchasing the breakaway version for safety.

I also have used Composure treats from Vetriscience, and some CBD in wet food.

How many litterboxes do you have?