Anyone have a Motorola v220?

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive been looking into switching from my virgin mobile to cingular pay as you go and saw the cute motorola v220 (they dont have that many phones for pay as you go and i want another flip phone) but i was reading reviews online and saw not a whole lot of people like it. Does anyone here have one? If so do you like it? Its got cheaper minutes and since john is on cingular I can talk to him for free. My phone is unreliable since my nearest reception tower is 45 mins away. Im always yelling at it when I'm trying to txt with full bars and it says no service is available.. lol Can anyone help me out?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stacy is it anything like the Motorola V550?

Thats the one i have and although it is easy to operate and reliable, the only gripe i have about Motorola handsets is the size of the text which is very thin and compact

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a V635? cant remember but its a flip and i like it takes pretty good pics too for a phone.

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since you are getting a Motorola and want a flip, why don't you go for the "Razr." A number of my friends have it and it looks quite nice and stylish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bumpy

Since you are getting a Motorola and want a flip, why don't you go for the "Razr." A number of my friends have it and it looks quite nice and stylish.
lol well im trying to save as much money as i can and John is probably going to get the Razr. He's been hearing good and bad things so he's not sure but he's been waiting it forever so thats what he'll end up with i'm sure. I'd like something small and the V220 is a little smaller than what i have now.

Stacy is it anything like the Motorola V550?
This is the v220 http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/par...equestid=92754 I guess its a little like the V550 but a few steps down? I like the look of the V550 But i'll probably end up getting a faceplate or rhinestoning it anyway so i dont think that matters. I dont really need the camera but it'd be nice to have if i see something and want to show john quick. My phone now is really small so Im used to the small text.

The problem I have is I will be getting prepaid as i don't talk to anyone that much except john and there is only 2 flip phones to choose from for pay as you go. its either the V220 or the LG C1300i which i havent read anything good about. lol its $50 cheaper but it doesnt have the camera which isn't really that important but it doesnt have the screen on the top either and i like being able to just pick up my phone and look at the time, caller id etc..

i was thinking about buying it cheaper online and taking it into the store but john was reading before i got home from work how some people were having problems with cingular unlocking it because they didn't buy it there at the store! It makes me ad because for prepaid theyre selling it for $150 but if you get a regular plan (and i have no credit or credit cards to do this with) you can get it for about $50! Some people were even getting it for free with their plans.
So my biggest cost is actually buying the phone. lol Which is why im being so good on researching it.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No one else to help me? haha if not thats the phone i'm splurging on! lol

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only motorola I see people carrying around is the razr. Perhaps if you could look at some other brands. I have seen some nice Samsung and Nokia ones. I recall a female friend who use to have this phone with a mirror in front so she can check her make-up. Also there are some people with phone that allows you to access the web and the speed is generally quite acceptable so you can visit the catsite while on the move.

One good perk I have is that I get a $1000 cellphone allowance so to make sure it does not go to waste, when I do purchase a replacement I make sure that it goes close to that figure.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why dont you buy a cellphone on ebay and get a prepaid card?

thats what most people do here

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive tried that with virgin mobile and i get crap signal.. i have to actually get a phone here from my dealer for them to activate it. I guess ill just go over and look when john does and see if i like it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My experience with Motorola is good. We have three Motorola dinosaurs, one of which is still in service after nine years. I have recently replaced mine, and might have gone for another Motorola, except the ones available are too feature-rich for me, and I won't spend the money on them. They do tend to be somewhat more expensive than others, but they're good phones. I opted for a pretty simple Samsung, and thus far have no complaints -- it's early days though. Good luck with your search.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well i went with john tonight and he got the razr and i got the v220. i like it so far and in the house i have full bars! lol that makes me happy. the razr is amazing but he's willing to spend more money on his phones than i am.. lol the v200 was a splurge for me but boy was i sick of my phone buttons not working and not being able to send txts from my bedroom.. sooo we'll see how it goes

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoyalEnchntrss

well i went with john tonight and he got the razr and i got the v220. i like it so far and in the house i have full bars! lol that makes me happy. the razr is amazing but he's willing to spend more money on his phones than i am.. lol the v200 was a splurge for me but boy was i sick of my phone buttons not working and not being able to send txts from my bedroom.. sooo we'll see how it goes
Congratulations!