Anyone has experience with nerve damage?

KingKirby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys... So my little boy is a 1 yr old neutered male FELV+.
About 5 days ago I noticed he was more subdued than usual and not really playing as much. He was still affectionate, still eating and peeing and pooping normally. When I petted him I also checked his limbs, head and belly but he showed no sign of pain or discomfort.
On Sat 29 Aug i was petting him, he fell over when he moved away. This was obviously abnormal. Later in the afternoon I saw him walking with front legs in crouch position and his rear legs extended (his butt was in the air). Shortly after that he tried to go down the stairs and ended up tumbling all the way down. I rushed him to the vet and now he's warded for observation due for MRI and spinal tap today. The vets have not found a cause yet and all likely causes have quite a low possibility of applying to such a young cat.
Just wondering if any of you here have gone thru sthg similar and if you would share your experiences. The uncertainty is really unbearable.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO sorry! I don't have experience, but your boy now has a candle lit for him!
00LitCandle.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KingKirby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You are being very proactive by doing the MRI and spinal tap. Please let us know the results.
His MRI came back negative for any physical signs of anything abnormal. So no tumours or lesions or masses anywhere. We're still waiting for his spinal fluids and blood work to come back. If he drinks independently, he can come home tomorrow!
IMG_20200830_191634.jpg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little guy! My cats are FeLV too and so far have fought off a few horrible illnesses where we actually dug their graves. I keep them strictly inside now since they are so susceptible to any cat illness and started them on DMG to build up their immunity and just started them all on LifeGold for cats with cancer (Amazon) to combat tumors, etc. and to also build immunity. So far my little one who was the worst has gone 10 months with no problems. They survived on Hartz Lickable stew treats(NOT bisque, they didn't like that.). I put all their medicines in it too. I have never had a cat turn it down. You might have some on hand for low appetites. They get regular food during the day too. I'll pray for your little boy, he looks so scared...don't give up, jut take it one day at a time and be with him through each crisis!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KingKirby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor little guy! My cats are FeLV too and so far have fought off a few horrible illnesses where we actually dug their graves. I keep them strictly inside now since they are so susceptible to any cat illness and started them on DMG to build up their immunity and just started them all on LifeGold for cats with cancer (Amazon) to combat tumors, etc. and to also build immunity. So far my little one who was the worst has gone 10 months with no problems. They survived on Hartz Lickable stew treats(NOT bisque, they didn't like that.). I put all their medicines in it too. I have never had a cat turn it down. You might have some on hand for low appetites. They get regular food during the day too. I'll pray for your little boy, he looks so scared...don't give up, jut take it one day at a time and be with him through each crisis!
Aww thanks for the appetite-perk recommendations! I'll order some of Hartz Lickables if his appetite seems low when he's back home. All the best with your precious ones too! :redheartpump:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Such a sweet little face. At least a negative MRI can give you some peace of mind although you are still waiting more results.