Anyone gotten liquid Tylosin compounded at Wedgewood Pharmacy?

bethany5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If so, what favor did your cat like? We tried Tuna + Marshmallow and I barely got .1ml (yes, THAT little) in her mouth and she FREAKED out worse than I have ever seen and started to profusely foam at the mouth. It was worse than when we gave her UNFLAVORED Gabapentin. Needless to say, I'm not even going to attempt to try to give it to her again. We are thinking of trying Triple Chicken or Double Chicken + Marshmallow. Her current Gabapentin is Chicken + Marshmallow flavor and she does just fine with it, so I thought the Tuna + Marshmallow would be okay for the Tylosin, but apparently not. Though I'm not convinced they actually added the Tuna flavor, as I smelled the medicine and it smelled only like Marshmallow.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am sorry no one has responded to your post yet1 It wasn't with Tylosin, but I tried multiple Wedgewood compounds for gabapentin and couldn't get Feeby to take any of them without gagging and foaming at the mouth. And, although I heard Wedgewood will send samples of flavorings, they don't include the actual meds, so I am not sure that helps any really.

You could try a local pet pharmacy that might be a bit more willing to work with you in terms of changing a med if not acceptable in the initial compound, but that will vary by pharmacy as to their internal policies.

Have you thought about trying a less typical flavoring like bacon or cheese?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bethany5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry no one has responded to your post yet1 It wasn't with Tylosin, but I tried multiple Wedgewood compounds for gabapentin and couldn't get Feeby to take any of them without gagging and foaming at the mouth. And, although I heard Wedgewood will send samples of flavorings, they don't include the actual meds, so I am not sure that helps any really.

You could try a local pet pharmacy that might be a bit more willing to work with you in terms of changing a med if not acceptable in the initial compound, but that will vary by pharmacy as to their internal policies.

Have you thought about trying a less typical flavoring like bacon or cheese?
Her gabapentin is from Wedgewood and is Chicken + Marshmallow flavor and she does fine with with. And I asked Wedgewood if they have samples of flavors that I could purchase so that I could figure out which flavor would be best for my cat and they said no :/ But maybe the person i asked didnt know what they were talking about. One of them told me last week that I had the most concentrated form of their Tylosin, but when I called yesterday, the person I talked to said there is actually a form that is even more concentrated, so clearly not all of the customer service agents there know what they are talking about. We are going to try Double Chicken + Marshmallow for the Tylosin now, and I am going to give her a little bit of a Churu treat before cuz I read someone say that sandwiching the med between licks of Churu, helped with the bitterness. Hopefully it works!