Anyone give their cats coconut oil?

daryl the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This appears to be the newest cure-all.  I started giving it to my dog for his persistent allergies and itching.  He now eats it right out of my hand.  Daryl wasn't interested in it, but then I found a bald patch on his tail and decided to rub some on it.  He must've licked it and decided he liked it, so now he eats it off my hands too.  They both come running when I get the jar out now.  And the bald patch on his tail is filling in.  I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.  I tend to be skeptical of trendy health food things like this, so I'm giving it to them conservatively.  So far, so good though.  I also used it in my granola recipe and it tasted pretty good.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah, Mikki gets about a quarter tsp once a day... here in Arizona..it's liquid, ha. She laps it right up. Both her and Min didn't like the unrefined one..as it smelled and tasted like coconut, so I checked and Spectrum sells a refined organic one that is expellar pressed without any harsh chemicals.. not sure just why they liked that one! ha Unfortnately it doesn't seem to help Mikki's skin issues.. I need to start rubbing it on her too!