Anyone Familiar With The Titer Test?

cheshirebite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all. My soon-to-be 7yr old, adopted male cat's check-up is coming up at the end of the month. He is my first cat ever, so I'm unsure how that exam would go (his first vet was two days after I adopted him to make sure the shelter's vaccinations were in order/he was healthy). I spoke to the receptionist at the nearby vet where I took him last, and she mentioned about the FVRCP that needed to be given to him aside from the rabies & check-up.

I read CatInfo.org's post about over-vaccination, and agree with the non-adjuvanted 3-year rabies (will ask the vet if she does that). But I'm not sure about the FVRCP (which he was given last year & he's owner surrendered). Lisa recommended a titer test. So I asked my vet's receptionist who only mentioned the titer test for rabies and didn't know about the panleukopenia. And the cost for that is $500.

So I was wondering if anyone here has done that test to for their cat/know anything about it instead of doing a yearly FVRCP. And also if the cost is the average amount or not. Much appreciated.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
John Robb

Ask Dr. Robb. He listed a lab where you can get it done much much much cheaper. He's also a good guy and talked to me via phone after Kitten was overdosed.