Anyone familiar with Naturawn food?

Kylie1313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to incorporate some a little bit of boneless into my 7 cats meals whether it's as part of one of their meals or just added into another food to dilute bone. I was doing some research to try and find some other companies besides hare today and stumbled upon naturawn. Anyone heard of them? They have boneless proteins that already have 10 percent organ. This is alot more convenient for to not have to then go buy organs and also more cost effective as I do not live anywhere near stores that sells much organs besides chicken liver. But I would want to make sure this is reputable/trustworthy company before purchasing anything. Raw Pet Food | Dog, Cat Food Suppliers | Hypoallergenic Cat & Dog Food

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never heard of them. Their site is kind of puzzling since (to chose the most obvious example) they call pork tenderloin "raw cat/dog food" though plain pork tenderloin would not be a complete food. They don't seem to mention the need to add supplements (like liver and a calcium source). It's possible that some of the other blends (with bone and liver) are complete but I'm not sure since I only make food using a premix supplement, Alnutrin with egg shell calcium.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kylie1313

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I knew they weren't complete. It does make it a bit confusing for someone who would not know this. I plan on adding a completer like alnutrin or food fur life. I just liked having the boneless meat option with 10 percent liver already added.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I knew they weren't complete. It does make it a bit confusing for someone who would not know this. I plan on adding a completer like alnutrin or food fur life. I just liked having the boneless meat option with 10 percent liver already added.
Yes, that's a plus!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have ordered from MPC (my pet carnivore) and they will list things like green tripe as dog food, or chicken hearts as cat food. But there's a a message on each bag that says for intermittent or supplemental feeding only, it's not a complete diet but it's a DIY mix and match type thing.