Anyone familiar with bengal markings?

fostersrule

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm fostering some kittens right now. Their mother has an exotic look to her. She's beautiful. Anyway, I was reading about Bengals and saw that they have asymmetrical markings. It was difficult to see if her markings were symmetrical or asymmetrical because they are so scrambled and random looking compared to other classic tabbies. Well, the kittens are almost 9 weeks old and today while I was playing with them i noticed that the lightest one (4 tabby kittens) has VERY asymmetrical markings. She has the classic "O" on one side and on the other.......not so much. I examined her a little closer to make sure I wasn't going crazy. She has a different pattern and face than the other 3 kittens. Any thoughts? I read on one site that asymmetrical markings were unique to bengals so I'm wondering if it's possible (that her markings are indicative) she as some bengal in her? Like generations back? I can't seem to find any more information on asymmetrical tabbies anywhere..

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought I would bump up your thread and sorry for no replies! Sometimes that mean people just don't have the answer as I..... Not sure at all about Bengal coat patterns and I did a google search and found this http://www.bengalcatworld.com/home/is-my-cat-a-bengal/. Although I imagine you did the same :) . I think you could contact a breeder of Bengal cats if you are really curious. Hopefully one of our member's who has Bengal cats will notice your thread and have an answer. The kittens sound lovely as does their mother.