Anyone Else's Cat Seem To Be Loyal To One Brand?

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat, 15 months old, for some reason seems to favor Fancy Feast. I tried giving her other brands such as Blue Wilderness, Wellness, and most recently I tried Nature's Variety Instinct. She refuses to eat any of them. I'm not sure what it is about the FF that she finds particularly appealing. I don't think it's the flavor. Her mainstay is the Poultry and Beef classic pate and she'll eat all the flavors. On occasion I'll give her the seafood variety pack and she'll eat all those flavors. Nor do I think it's a texture issue because even though I mostly give her the pate, once in awhile I'll give her the Medleys White Chicken Meat variety pack, which seems to have a gravy texture to it, which she'll also eat.

Note: what I mentioned before hand relates to canned food. The only other food she'll eat is dry food and that's Natural Balance Ultra Whole Body.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My boy is 13, and although I tried getting other foods/brands onto his menu with some minimal success, wants his fancy feast, for sure.
You could keep trying with toppers/ enticements such as bonito flakes, fortiflora (not a terribly effective probiotic but it's a good topper and the animal digest is probably why cats like FF so much), crumbled freeze dried treats like orijen or purebites, shredded parmesan or cheddar cheese:)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same scenario here. Oh, they'll eat Wellness and a few other things, but I have eleven cats who'd be very put out if they didn't get Fancy Feast Medleys every day - and two 21+ year old siblings who've never seen any reason to eat anything else.

Good enough for me.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ff has some fish in it including the chicken pate. That may be why. My cat Coco likes everything but the chicken from Tiki After Dark. Maggie does not like the pumpkin I mix in their food every night.
Agree, I feed her only the classics as well as the kitten food and they all smell the same lol. That fishy smell.