Anyone else's cat interested in water?

lisa78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat sparkle dust will no longer drink from her water bowl we have to turn the tap on in the bathroom so she can drink from the running tap! Very grateful am not on a water meter, she often sleeps in the sink as well! Very odd but that's what makes her our sparkle

lokimonster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats have to immediately go into the tub after I've showered and do whatever it is they do in there. It's pretty funny because I'll forget they were in there, pick them up, and be surprised because their paws and tails are all wet. When Loki was a kitten we tried filling the tub a couple of times to see if he would go in on his own because he was soooo curious about it and seemed genuinely interested in getting in the water.

My cats also only drink out of a coffee cup filled with water, they don't really care about if it's in a bowl. My moms cat used to only drink out of a running faucet and nothing else.

zootandemo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
`
Very special! My babe 'washes' his face in running water and is fascinated by the toilet, so we keep the lid down so he doesn't get into mischief there - what with the chemicals I use to clean it. Same with the bath and shower - I keep the bathroom door closed after a cleaning with products which could hurt him. Can't do anything with water that he doesn't want to put his face in!

heyitsfae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Both of my cats have to immediately go into the tub after I've showered and do whatever it is they do in there. It's pretty funny because I'll forget they were in there, pick them up, and be surprised because their paws and tails are all wet. 
My girl Artemis is also guilty of this! She sits outside the shower and as soon as I shut the water off she runs in there and starts licking the shower curtain liner and the floor. She's "special".   

My roommate's cat, Skye also has a weird fascination with water. To drink out of her water dish, she dips her paw into the bowl and then licks the water off her paw. Strange, strange furballs.

zootandemo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine washes his face and as others have observed, drinks from his paw as one would drink from a cupped hand. I read that water bowls should be wide, to accommodate the cat's whiskers and have obliged, but still, brushing my teeth means wrestling with the cat for sink space!

He's fascinated by water going down the plug hole and will rotate his head in the same direction as the water flows. (Not quite shades of The Exorcist' but you get  the picture...)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine washes his face and as others have observed, drinks from his paw as one would drink from a cupped hand. I read that water bowls should be wide, to accommodate the cat's whiskers and have obliged, but still, brushing my teeth means wrestling with the cat for sink space!

He's fascinated by water going down the plug hole and will rotate his head in the same direction as the water flows. (Not quite shades of The Exorcist' but you get  the picture...)
I have one too that likes to drink water from the paw, she dips paw into water and then licks it clean.

Mine are bit afraid of tooth brushing, I guess it is foam from mouth that scares them, but especially one likes to get into sink when water is running slowly and plays with that, he comes running from other end of the house when he hears that sound of water indeed.

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zoey comes running and chirps when I'm going to wash my face or brush my teeth. She watches me very intently. She washes her face while I wash mine! When I spit while brushing my teeth she will try to investigate the spit and I have to move her. She likes to watch the water run.
She also jumps on to the toilet, she fell in once when she was younger, but that doesn't deter her any. On occasion when I am sitting on the toilet, she feels the need to hop up behind me. She also likes to watch it flush.
She pats as I pour water from a bottle into her dish.
When I shower she will get on the edge of the tub, peeking around the shower curtain. She pats at the water then too. When I turn off the shower she jumps in with me and drinks the water.

withoutaname

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I'm filling a glass of water, he comes running and jumps up near the spring, and watches it intensely.

I just keep the water running for a while so he can play with it :)  I would keep it running for several hours, but I'm scared of leaving him alone, in case he slips.. he is a bit stupid that way 

extratoemama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My silly billy munchkin likes to play with his water. We ģive him bottled water and when we pour it into his dish, he bats at it and chirps at it.

Other than that, he is not a fan lol.