Anyone Else's Cat Extremely Expressive And Affectionate?!?

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pablo aka Kitty Baby is a 14 wks old rescue and is arguably the most expressively passionate and affectionate cat ever. Like.. not only is he affectionate, he just seems kind of dramatic about it, too! First time cat mom, so I'm curious about your cuddly and affectionate kittens/young cats. Most times people post about clingy cats, its because they were weaned too early or because they're stressed. My cat is very vocal, he follows me everywhere, and he can never get close enough to me. Sometimes I worry that he has separation anxiety, but I'm really starting to think he just adores me. Tell me what you think?

He's super vocal-
He trills constantly!
during playtime and while exploring- it's almost like he's chatting it up with himself. he's very comfortable w/ and confident. A lot of times I talk back- just so he knows I'm listening; before, during, & after using the litter box; when he jumps off of or on top of anything; and he lets out some whiny trills when he wants me come play, too. His favorite is when I dance a shoestring around him so he can pounce at it!

he purrs literally almost all day-
At the slightest encounter of comfort, he begins to purr, and loudly. When I approach him, when he sits next to me, pretty much as soon as he gets near me, when i pick him up, while he falls asleep, when I bring out his favorite treats, and he even purrs while he's eating sometimes (eyes closed and everything!)

He is insanely cuddly-
not only does he sleeps touching me or on top of me, but when i'm working, he crawls up my lap and onto my shoulder and sit there. If i'm slouched, he sits butt on my shoulder and body down my torso.
He sits in my lap under the covers while I read, the space between my headboard and my back, as close to me as possible.
He recently started greeting me with intense nose boops after his naps? he'll slowly walk on top of me and sniff my nose with his eyes closed and head tilted for 5 seconds. Yesterday, he put his tongue to the tip of my nose for a second. (He's never licked or groomed me lol)
After nose boops, he'll headbutt my chin. Sometimes he'll nose boop my forehead. Once he nose booped my ear.

He awaits my return at the door-
I'm in law school so I chain smoke (lol) &he sits nose to door until I come back
If he's in the living room while I'm outside smoking, he meows loudly til i'm back (the only time he meows)

This could all be indicative of separation anxiety, but I kinda think he's too confident and independent to have anxiety?
He wants to play with any and everything- sometimes i'll leave the door open while I study and he'll run around and play in the vertical blinds, and I'll hear him checking everything out. He nose dives into hampers, he crawls in my drawers, he sprints around my house until he tires himself out.
He socializes well with other animals of all sizes and he's more interested in them than they are in him.
He plays with my friends
My boyfriend likes to mini-golf by hitting his golfballs into a side-laying cup with his putter and Pablo loves trying to catch the ball before it goes in the cup. It's like goal-tending!!
He plays with my boyfriend's cat when I spend the weekend there, and they sleep near each other!

BUT! when he does play with others, its like hes reserved
Even regular & frequent guests.
My boyfriend comes to stay most weekends &some weeknights & Pablo is silent the whole time-not one trill and no purring at all.
He starts back up like normal after he leaves.
When my friends play his favorite games with him, he plays, but with only a fraction of the enthusiasm as when I play with him. He doesn't run as hard or jump as high.

Could it be that he's just less interested in other people? and he's just REALLY excited to hang with me? LOL

That's kiiinda why I wasn't too worried when I noticed him wool-sucking on two different occasions. I took a video today of him kneading and chewing a blanket. I've read that could be a sign he's nutrient deficient, sick, extremely stressed or anxious, or was weaned too early.
But.. I think he just really loves that blanket and he just shows it in the most dramatic and expressive way ever lol he kneads super slow and gently, with his eyes shut tightly. He's in kitten heaven! LOL and to be fair, this fleece blanket is so soft. its literally divine lol Also, this was right after dinner lol and he is always snuggly after eating. He's going to the vet this week so I'll find out for sure. but I just think he's a weirdo lol

Is my cat just super jazzed about me? Lol what do you think? Do your cats adore you??? How'd you know for sure?
Thanks!
Bri

Attachments

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Your baby loves you!! YOU are his "Person"... and he is still a baby.. You are his momma..
He is showing you love, in the only way he can.. :heartshape:

This sounds to me, to be the beginning of a wonderful, 'Soul Cat" relationship.. It is usually a once in a lifetime occurrence.:redheartpump:

I have that relationship with my current guy. It is so special. Cherish it.
and he Orange also..

Looking at your pictures, that is exactly what my guy does.. and they could be father/son.. :heartshape::heartshape:

personally, I think there is just something special about orange cats..

Be grateful for what you have.... and do not worry..

Get him a tiny Beanie Baby or stuffed animal, to love, when you are not around.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BOY are you blessed! You have found that Soul Mate kitty, and he is now a part of you. Hekitty is mine, although it took me a bit to recognize it, as she isn't very "lovebug" about it, but we have a thousand little rituals between us that tell me that bond is there! Congratulations, and ENJOY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your baby loves you!! YOU are his "Person"... and he is still a baby.. You are his momma..
He is showing you love, in the only way he can.. :heartshape:

This sounds to me, to be the beginning of a wonderful, 'Soul Cat" relationship.. It is usually a once in a lifetime occurrence.:redheartpump:

I have that relationship with my current guy. It is so special. Cherish it.
and he Orange also..

Looking at your pictures, that is exactly what my guy does.. and they could be father/son.. :heartshape::heartshape:

personally, I think there is just something special about orange cats..

Be grateful for what you have.... and do not worry..

Get him a tiny Beanie Baby or stuffed animal, to love, when you are not around.

I love him back so much! I am so very lucky- he opened up so well and he loved me while I fumbled through this new cat mom thing! I worked really hard though.. I just wanted to make sure he was happy here so I play with him for an hour/day I got him toys of all types to cure his boredom while I'm in class, I leave lights on if I won't be back til nightfall, I also leave a youtube playlist on tv because I notice if he's restless while I'm studying, he enjoys having some type of music on.. he calms down and watches the music videos lol I also read a LOT! I have probably browsed every cat forum possible and surveyed ALL the responses to questions I've had to get different perspectives before I implemented them into our routine. One of the most helpful tips was to sweet talk him.. lol someone said cats seem to somehow understand when you compliment them. When he tries to cozy up to me, I greet him with "hi baby!" until he settles down.. or "whatcha been doin kitty? did you have a kitty adventure? you're such a big handsome boy! look how big you are! look how handsome you are!" and honestly he eats it up every time and he just nuzzles until I get tired of hearing my voice! haha I am very appreciative of his companionship so I try to thank him in ways that he can appreciate lol

Do you?!?! tell me more! I am so obsessed with hearing about similar relationships because I don't find much discussion about them! I love how close he is, but this morning I was very pressed to finish an assignment and i had to gently remove use my index finger to move his face lol he would literally just sit beside me and put his face right to my face like "whatcha dooooooooin." I repeated this 5 times lol. but I still talked to him and rubbed his ears but he was like up in my grill .. but now i miss the affection... my boyfriend brought his cat over and he literally won't even let me pick him up without flaring his ears to the side squirming to go play with the cat and I miss him already!! lol

Artie is so handsome! I love the color of his coat!!! I love the variation of colors in the Orange Tabbies. We thought for sure he was going to be Orange, but he is a very light brown/cream. Your baby has the prettiest green eyes!!!

I was reading about how orange tabbies have great temperaments.. i believe it!! i forgot what the vet called his color, but it is a variation of the orange tabby. the contrast of the orange on the white swirls is mesmerizing!

I am grateful that he finds solace in being close to me.. he is easily more affectionate and cuddly than any dog I've ever known or owned and honestly he is a blessing!!! My only concern was that his attachment stemmed from stress.. the first time he nose booped me was after i left him overnight alone.. (I literally was only gone from like 8pm-6am) he started nuzzling my laptop and nuzzling me and then my laptop then me.. AND i smelled like another cat. I thought I broke his heart... I thought he was trying to claim me again from the other cat AND the mysterious computer-machine that always sits in my lap.. it was almost like he was trying to claim ownership of me AND the laptop.. to assert "hey!! stop trying to take my person!" like he was so loving .. almost like he was uncertain if I'd stick around. (He goes where I go! I'll bring the litter box if I have to :D) But it is nice to have confirmation that some cats just naturally enjoy frequent displays of affection.

Okay! Thanks! I never considered that. I have lots of "pillow pets" on my bed which he is indifferent about. I'll get one his size! He would be so cute with a teddy bear! lol

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BOY are you blessed! You have found that Soul Mate kitty, and he is now a part of you. Hekitty is mine, although it took me a bit to recognize it, as she isn't very "lovebug" about it, but we have a thousand little rituals between us that tell me that bond is there! Congratulations, and ENJOY!
I could not ask for a more perfect fur friend to introduce me to cat life! We are inseparable until his best cat friend comes around.. but other humans... he could take them or leave them lol which is fine.. because I would be so jealous! lol I think those subtle or less obvious communications are so special.. something unique that's understood between only the two of you! that's awesome! Thank you! I am cherishing every moment in case he outgrows it! lol

CommonCatOwner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is similar and he is almost two. He is still extremely cuddly and sleeps with me almost every night, needing to be in front of my face. When I roll over, unless he is very asleep, he gets up and sleeps in front of my face. I had to push him away for a while because at one point I thought perhaps he was trying to take me out; cuddling up and sleeping over my nose and mouth. He purrs a ridiculous amount but thankfully he purrs less now because it was like his purring lost value. I could simply look at him and he would purr. Most of the time when I come home he comes to the door to greet me. Another similarity to your cat is his affection for a certain blanket. It is the only thing he kneads on but he no longer suckles/chews on it. He used to go for the fuzzy pieces hanging from it and eat them. It is the blanket he first slept on when I brought him home as a kitten. Furthermore the cat follows me around my apartment from upstairs to downstairs quite often. It used to be constant. I cannot go into my room and close the door without him going up there and laying outside the door still though. It is not uncommon if I am in a room with the door closed that he will meow loudly outside. For him I believe it is separation anxiety as he was handed off a few times before I adopted him at around 5 months old and I think he was separated from his mother very early. In regards to sweet talking and paying compliments I believe it is more about tones and inflection. If anyone heard the things I said to my cat they would call animal control even though it is a form of affection and he knows and understand it as something good. He is very auditory. I can say his name using different tones and he responds differently each way. You have a lot of the same feelings with Pablo as I have about my cat and I am constantly reading about cat behavior and health online. I make him custom toys based on his preferences (the people at the craft store probably think I am crazy) and sing to him also. I have over 70 pictures of him on my phone. You sound like you are a good cat mom with a loving and affection kitten. Pablo is a very lucky cat!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The more I talk to Artie the more I get back from him, in conversation.
We do talk to each other.. we have our routines..

The first night I took him home, when he was 8 years old, was the moment I knew, I had a special cat.

I was lying down on the couch, covered in a quilt, watching TV. Artie was hiding in "his" room, remember, he had only been in here for about 5 hours.

Suddenly, Artie came out of the bedroom; cautiously.. I did not move at all. I really wanted to go over, pick him up, cuddle with him; however, I refrained because I did not want to scare him.

Artie sniffed as he cautiously walked over towards the couch. I was wishing.. and not moving. He suddenly jumped on top of the coffee table, and then walked on top of me.

I was estatic.. He very confidently, sniffed me, the quilt; then proceeded to begin, purring and kneading!! I had tears in my eyes!! I really did.

I was so happy. Artie was so happy.

I wanted/needed love.... Artie wanted/needed love.. We loved...

It was at that point, I realized Artie was understanding he was "home".. and he has not left me since..

Lunabean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Luna is super affectionate as well. She follows me around and loves to lay on my arms to make sure I can’t use them for anything but holding/petting her haha. I had a friend make a comment the other day that she was “obsessed” with me because she kept sprinting up and down the stairs every time I had to go up or down them haha.

Crazycatlady1129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My three girls are all super affectionate! But each of them in different ways.

Sheridan is obsessed with feet. She plays with my feet. She lays on my feet. She flips herself around my feet. She licks my feet. She wraps herself around my leg and let's me "carry" her around the house. And any blanket I cover up with, she kneads. She's always purring. LITERALLY ALWAYS! lol even when she is asleep. Lol she will also walk up to me, and bump her forehead against mine, or touch noses with me. She's also obsessed with one certain bra. She will drag it around the house and always finds it. Lol I made the mistake of wearing it one time- she attacked me trying to get it!

Serenity is my chirper. She chirps constantly. And I adore it. She loves to snuggle up, whether in bed, on the couch, or at the kitchen table. And she licks me constantly, occasionally doing a little nibble. She brings me toys to toss for her, and actually LIKES belly rubs! She has come a long way from the shaking, shivering, terrified kitten who had never been touched by humans. Her major obsession is hairbands. I can't find a good enough hiding spot!

And Sabrina is... the most loving little black kitty I've ever met. She loves being perched on mu shoulder, riding around. Laying right on my chest, tucked up under my chin. She isn't a talker, but when the music is playing, and a song she likes comes on, she start purring and chirping really loud. She is very gentle- I've never seen her use her claws- and always trying to get closer, snuggle more.

All three of them follow me around everywhere. They try to rescue me from the shower, want to inspect the dishes after I get done washing them, curl up on my pillow (while my head ends up on the mattress), sit in the window from the moment I leave until I get home again. All I have to do is make a kissing noise and they all come running! I love these girls, and it's clear they love me!

Just as it's obvious the love you and your Kitty Baby share.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bricksquadbri bricksquadbri It looks like you have your soul cat which is a very special thing indeed. Cherish it as you obviously do.
I got my Oliver last summer and he was ten at the time, it's nearly his eleventh birthday. It was love at first sight and he was friendly from day one but he's become even more cuddlesome as the months have passed. He follows me around wherever I go.
One of my favourite things is when I sit on the sofa with my laptop. Often he positions himself so his cheek is touching mine. After a while he'll squirm and adjust to squish his face more into mine. Sometimes though he'll face the other way so his butt's near my face. :dunno: It's still his way of showing affection though I like to think. :D
He's not constantly on me but he's always by my side somewhere either six inches away or six feet. My wife says he misses me when I go to work and is always looking to the places I normally use whilst I'm home. He talks to me a lot as well.
When he looks into my eyes, there's a deep connection that I can't adequately describe other than to say it's a look of love, which is mutual of course.
I have two other cats that I love to bits but I have to admit, he's my once in a lifetime soul cat. I love him so much.

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh i LOVE the name Oliver! and I love that your bond has grown!! I often hear of cat's aversions to affection as they age, and it so refreshing to hear that the year has only made him more affectionate! He thinks you're the bomb and wants to be where you are.. how sweet!
Oh my goodness! How sweet!!!!! Hahahaha cat tushy.. I get a lot of that lol Kitty Baby likes to stand atop my shoulders and look around confidently.. then sit or stretch which always means kitty butt near my ear or face! He's body language manifests as reminiscent of how you'd imagine a captain of a boat.. just surveying the area.. confidently in all his glory lol
I also read that cats who freely swish their butt around your face is a sign he trusts you! Cats don't really like people behind them because they are prey and they like to know what's going on back there! I watched a documentary about lions last month that documented cub-adult lion life and when pursuing their prey, lions often grab the animal by the butt to take it down [likely because of their relative lack of stamina its all they can reach before their prey outruns them.] Conversely, as prey, while running to evade a predator, their lack of stamina makes their rears extremely vulnerable as it is the part of the body that is closest to their enemy's grasp! In reading articles detailing the cats' favorite and least favorite places to be stroked and touched, near their tail is always a place mentioned to avoid. Even Pablo enjoys when I pet his thighs because he initially closes his eyes while purring but immediately opens them with his paws out like he wants to stop me.. and he does once his willpower allows his instincts to kick in. I might be making a stretch by ascribing lion behaviors to cats. However, because of the dispositive implications of being an animal who is both hunted and a hunter, i don't think its a big stretch to say that their many quirks and rituals are innate and motivated by survival instincts. I kind of went on a rant and this is a hypotheses based on what i've gleaned from scholarly articles and just being confused by cats I've lived around! haha anyways, I think you're right to view it as a show of endearment from Ollie.. I'd guess that behavior is yet another way he shows he trusts you and loves you very much:redheartpump::redheartpump::hearthrob::hearthrob:

That's so sweet! I love hearing about cats who just want to be near you! That's how Pablo is.. he either wants to be on within reach lol Awww! how special!!

Wow- yes.. those sweet kitty cat eyes! I hope I learn to understand my cat's subtle communication. I read slow blinks translate into "Love you!" and they often do it while their eyes are already near closed. I can never be certain if I'm getting a sleepy blink or if there's more to it! I can't wait to have that kind of seamless understanding of my kitten like you do of Oliver!

That is precious! I am sure Oliver would agree with that 100% What a special, special bond!

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My three girls are all super affectionate! But each of them in different ways.

Sheridan is obsessed with feet. She plays with my feet. She lays on my feet. She flips herself around my feet. She licks my feet. She wraps herself around my leg and let's me "carry" her around the house. And any blanket I cover up with, she kneads. She's always purring. LITERALLY ALWAYS! lol even when she is asleep. Lol she will also walk up to me, and bump her forehead against mine, or touch noses with me. She's also obsessed with one certain bra. She will drag it around the house and always finds it. Lol I made the mistake of wearing it one time- she attacked me trying to get it!

Serenity is my chirper. She chirps constantly. And I adore it. She loves to snuggle up, whether in bed, on the couch, or at the kitchen table. And she licks me constantly, occasionally doing a little nibble. She brings me toys to toss for her, and actually LIKES belly rubs! She has come a long way from the shaking, shivering, terrified kitten who had never been touched by humans. Her major obsession is hairbands. I can't find a good enough hiding spot!

And Sabrina is... the most loving little black kitty I've ever met. She loves being perched on mu shoulder, riding around. Laying right on my chest, tucked up under my chin. She isn't a talker, but when the music is playing, and a song she likes comes on, she start purring and chirping really loud. She is very gentle- I've never seen her use her claws- and always trying to get closer, snuggle more.

All three of them follow me around everywhere. They try to rescue me from the shower, want to inspect the dishes after I get done washing them, curl up on my pillow (while my head ends up on the mattress), sit in the window from the moment I leave until I get home again. All I have to do is make a kissing noise and they all come running! I love these girls, and it's clear they love me!

Just as it's obvious the love you and your Kitty Baby share.
Oh Sheridan sounds like the silliest and sweetest little baby girl!!!!! Cat flips are sooo funny! What a treat! Kneading to me comes off as "wow life is great.. i'm so happy right now!" lol you make her so happy!! And OH MAH GAWSHH. This is the confirmation I needed!! LOL! I read about cats who purr constantly, but usually they were young or sick or trauma survivors so I was worried!! Sometimes happy cats just can't contain themselves. Most nights I hope.. no plead.. that Pablo falls asleep soon because he'll have been purring loudly by my ear for 15 minutes lmfao!! Sheridan sounds expressive just like Pablo! Haha!! My cat does that with a fuzzy sock of mine! Carries it around and fights it and hops in the drawer to find it lmao

Oh I love cat vocalizations! Chirps are especially pleasant to hear! lol Sounds like she loves you a LOT!!!!!!! I know this is terrible but I think its SO CUTE when cats play nibble.. it's like they're having so much fun they can't help it!! but they still take care not to ensure they're not hurting you! So thoughtful lol She sounds like a really fun cat! Does she let you rub her belly?!!?! Pablo loves belly rubs when he is almost asleep, the purrs that are tapering off come in strong! but after a few seconds he stops me! lol Oh I love that you've helped her find happiness. I am SO thankful she found you!!!

shoulder sits! haha the best!! and the most inconvenient lol oh goodness!!!! i wish my cat would let me know which songs he likes!!! there is one music video that comes on and he just sits and watches the tv as soon as he hears it lol but like he doesn't do anything more. i don't know if he likes the song or the video! lol he did the same thing yesterday to a song my boyfriend played. We constantly play youtube music playlists on my tv so music is usually always on and only 2 songs grab his attention and i want to know why bc i think they sound obnoxious lol A lady of few words... cute lol wow how lucky, she must be extremely relaxed! LOL she sounds like a dream :redheartpump::hearthrob:

HAHA! wow- cats and showers.. that's a thread for another day- my cat's feeling about water/being wet, etc are so confusing lol HAHAHA! that's hilarious "i'm just here to help." My boyfriends cat likes walking on the dishwasher when its open lol never fails.
I would just lose my marbles if I saw my cat waiting at the window for me! absolutely the sweetest!!!! must be nice lol my cat perks his ears up to kissing sounds, but if he's exploring and i want to be near him, the only thing that will corral him is any sound reminiscent of food or one of his favorite toys lol

I LOVE your relationships with your babies. They are all so special. And they are all crazy for you! Warms my heart! Thanks for sharing!

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Luna is super affectionate as well. She follows me around and loves to lay on my arms to make sure I can’t use them for anything but holding/petting her haha. I had a friend make a comment the other day that she was “obsessed” with me because she kept sprinting up and down the stairs every time I had to go up or down them haha.
That is great! What a smart girl lol! That made me laugh out loud.. i can see why she'd say that. so often cats just do their own thing.. my cat follows me ish. (granted my apartment is like 800 square feet I can see him from pretty much every room in the house lol) he would rather explore if I've got all the doors open so yeah.. she's obsessed! You make her very happy!

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is similar and he is almost two. He is still extremely cuddly and sleeps with me almost every night, needing to be in front of my face. When I roll over, unless he is very asleep, he gets up and sleeps in front of my face. I had to push him away for a while because at one point I thought perhaps he was trying to take me out; cuddling up and sleeping over my nose and mouth. He purrs a ridiculous amount but thankfully he purrs less now because it was like his purring lost value. I could simply look at him and he would purr. Most of the time when I come home he comes to the door to greet me. Another similarity to your cat is his affection for a certain blanket. It is the only thing he kneads on but he no longer suckles/chews on it. He used to go for the fuzzy pieces hanging from it and eat them. It is the blanket he first slept on when I brought him home as a kitten. Furthermore the cat follows me around my apartment from upstairs to downstairs quite often. It used to be constant. I cannot go into my room and close the door without him going up there and laying outside the door still though. It is not uncommon if I am in a room with the door closed that he will meow loudly outside. For him I believe it is separation anxiety as he was handed off a few times before I adopted him at around 5 months old and I think he was separated from his mother very early. In regards to sweet talking and paying compliments I believe it is more about tones and inflection. If anyone heard the things I said to my cat they would call animal control even though it is a form of affection and he knows and understand it as something good. He is very auditory. I can say his name using different tones and he responds differently each way. You have a lot of the same feelings with Pablo as I have about my cat and I am constantly reading about cat behavior and health online. I make him custom toys based on his preferences (the people at the craft store probably think I am crazy) and sing to him also. I have over 70 pictures of him on my phone. You sound like you are a good cat mom with a loving and affection kitten. Pablo is a very lucky cat!
Oh that is just great!! I hope that my cat stays this way, too! That is too cute- he wants to make sure you're not going anywhere without him!! HAHAHAH! their persistence albeit impressive, can be a little overwhelming! lol yesterday morning I got up early to work on my laptop and pablo tried coming at me from every single angle and get right in my face i had to take my index finger and kind of steer his nose in another direction because he was literally in my face lol I had to do it 6 times lol i just held him instead lol That is good.. I posted somewhere that I love that he's so happy, he will just face me and purr or purr himself to sleep which could be 15 minutes lol. That is exactly how Pablo is- as soon as we make eye contact he purrs lol its one of the best feelings. My cat lays with his paws curled under himself in the corner of the door by the hinges waiting for me to finish my cig LOL its just the sweetest. My cat doesn't greet me from class often, he's usually yawning like he just woke up! HAHA! what a pleasant way to come home.. your furry friend awaiting you! That is nice to know that he no longer chews.. I really like this blanket it is exquisite so i hope Pablo bores of the chewing lol Last night my boyfriend brought his cat, Kyle who immediately started kneading this blanket but like FAST! LOL LIKE HE WAS MARCHING!! I think it is just the blanket.. it's a hit! lol I love that your cat has attached sentimental value to that blanket.. what a sweetie. Oh no :( that is what worries me.. the weaning part. your cat seems happy regardless of this possible manifestation of anxiety! which is all that matters.. OR maybe he kicked the anxiety but didn't kick the habit? old habits die hard they say ;) lol only joking. I am just glad that your cat is happy in a forever home with someone who loves him so much!
I really enjoyed this post!!
Yep- I can agree with that. This made me laugh a lot because I do the same sometimes lol I called him dweeb last night when he did something doofy haha. I'm not even necessarily saying anything friendly always- sometimes I just ask him what he's doing or whatcha been up to? wow your feet smell- why you smelly baby boy? huh?" lol but he knows the inflections mean I'm talking to him lol and he responds positively to that as well as when i call him a handsome baby kitty lol
That is so refreshing to know that I am not the only one constantly curious about what my cat is doing and why and how I should interpret it. I love that! Haha! Not crazy.. passionate and dedicated lol I went to the pet store to get some toys because he loves to pounce and chase moving things and asked for help because I didn't even know where to start.. and I refuted all the employee's suggestions because I was like "yeah I have one similar but he needs something that moves faster" etc lol and he was like "it sounds like you know what you're looking for!!! let me know if i can assist you in any other way. lol Oops. what kinds of cat toys do you make him?! because i am not satisfied with any of his toys except for one .. but it is very very loud lol
Thank you so much!! I really enjoyed your post.. I laughed out loud! :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One cat, Duncan, is a talker and will constantly meow, chirp and scream for whatever he wants. He developed this habit of jumping on the kitchen table for the first person home from work and head butting and rubbing up against that person. It is the only time he does either of those things. It is usually my wife, so she thinks she is special - I don't have the heart to tell her that he will do it for me on those rare occasions when I get home first.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty went through a very independant stage when she was around two-ish, but from then on, she has just become more attentive and more loving. I think that is true with most cats. He'll always have that bond with you, that's forever.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pablo enjoys when I pet his thighs because he initially closes his eyes while purring but immediately opens them with his paws out like he wants to stop me..
That's another thing with Oliver. I've had a few cats and when I have gently squeezed their muscles surrounding the spine and near the back end, they've always responded with a quick turn around and a 'don't touch that part' reaction. I always regarded that as an instinct. Oliver doesn't mind it at all though, he's such a gentle lump.

bricksquadbri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One cat, Duncan, is a talker and will constantly meow, chirp and scream for whatever he wants. He developed this habit of jumping on the kitchen table for the first person home from work and head butting and rubbing up against that person. It is the only time he does either of those things. It is usually my wife, so she thinks she is special - I don't have the heart to tell her that he will do it for me on those rare occasions when I get home first.
That is so funny! love my vocal kitty! it is so much fun! haha well on the bright side at least Duncan doesn't play favorites :)

CommonCatOwner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh that is just great!! I hope that my cat stays this way, too! That is too cute- he wants to make sure you're not going anywhere without him!! HAHAHAH! their persistence albeit impressive, can be a little overwhelming! lol yesterday morning I got up early to work on my laptop and pablo tried coming at me from every single angle and get right in my face i had to take my index finger and kind of steer his nose in another direction because he was literally in my face lol I had to do it 6 times lol i just held him instead lol That is good.. I posted somewhere that I love that he's so happy, he will just face me and purr or purr himself to sleep which could be 15 minutes lol. That is exactly how Pablo is- as soon as we make eye contact he purrs lol its one of the best feelings. My cat lays with his paws curled under himself in the corner of the door by the hinges waiting for me to finish my cig LOL its just the sweetest. My cat doesn't greet me from class often, he's usually yawning like he just woke up! HAHA! what a pleasant way to come home.. your furry friend awaiting you! That is nice to know that he no longer chews.. I really like this blanket it is exquisite so i hope Pablo bores of the chewing lol Last night my boyfriend brought his cat, Kyle who immediately started kneading this blanket but like FAST! LOL LIKE HE WAS MARCHING!! I think it is just the blanket.. it's a hit! lol I love that your cat has attached sentimental value to that blanket.. what a sweetie. Oh no :( that is what worries me.. the weaning part. your cat seems happy regardless of this possible manifestation of anxiety! which is all that matters.. OR maybe he kicked the anxiety but didn't kick the habit? old habits die hard they say ;) lol only joking. I am just glad that your cat is happy in a forever home with someone who loves him so much!
I really enjoyed this post!!
Yep- I can agree with that. This made me laugh a lot because I do the same sometimes lol I called him dweeb last night when he did something doofy haha. I'm not even necessarily saying anything friendly always- sometimes I just ask him what he's doing or whatcha been up to? wow your feet smell- why you smelly baby boy? huh?" lol but he knows the inflections mean I'm talking to him lol and he responds positively to that as well as when i call him a handsome baby kitty lol
That is so refreshing to know that I am not the only one constantly curious about what my cat is doing and why and how I should interpret it. I love that! Haha! Not crazy.. passionate and dedicated lol I went to the pet store to get some toys because he loves to pounce and chase moving things and asked for help because I didn't even know where to start.. and I refuted all the employee's suggestions because I was like "yeah I have one similar but he needs something that moves faster" etc lol and he was like "it sounds like you know what you're looking for!!! let me know if i can assist you in any other way. lol Oops. what kinds of cat toys do you make him?! because i am not satisfied with any of his toys except for one .. but it is very very loud lol
Thank you so much!! I really enjoyed your post.. I laughed out loud! :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:
In regards to the cat toys that I make it can vary. Some are based on the expensive ones at pet stores and others are designed around the types of objects he likes to play with and how he enjoys playing with them. It is all simple stuff and it saves a ton of money by not spending so much on the stuff at the store. Also I know what they are made of and that they are safe: no small parts to eat or possible choke on, non toxic glue, safe materials. I have made him chew toys wrapped in leather that can roll around and somewhat bounce. Something to play fetch with. I have used bulk leather pieces to make stuffed toys. They don't look like cute butterflies or mice or any of that but I don't think Pixy cares. He likes cat teasers (the kind with a somewhat stronger wire that allows the teaser toy to bounce and sort of float around) so I purchase wire (hardware stores have excellent deals on the correct type/gauge) and affix a series of feathers to the end at the end of some elastic cord. The problem I have, as I am an avid angler, is obsessing over creating a natural presentation and sometimes spend more time than necessary creating that perfect flutter action of a wounded bird. Speaking of elastic cord, in the sewing/fabric section of craft stores there are multiple lengths and gauges of elastic cord for only a couple of dollars. I have attached pieces to tiny hooks placed in the ceiling with a feather teaser at the end, or something light that bounces around which he enjoys pouncing at. It can easily be taken down. Most recently I used some elastic cord and attached another feather toy to the end and have developed a technique of sort of stretching the elastic and shooting the toy around the room so I can play with him and work on the computer at the same time (he doesn't like laser pointers). The toy can be placed quite accurately under doors, inside the parts of his cat tree and even on the perches. I plan on developing this one further. There are other little experiments with so many possibilities and all of the materials are very inexpensive. It makes buying actually cat toys almost pointless. I even have some illegal cat toys (sort of). I spend a lot of time outdoors and at the lakes around here and collect feathers (which is illegal for a really nonsense reason) and make toys from them. He had one made from Osprey feathers and Sharp-shinned hawk feathers. Another tip to save money and have lots of stuff for your cat to scratch on when he gets to needing different scratching posts is to buy bulk sisal rope either online or at a hardware store and wrap it around different things. A nice scratching post, much better than some of the ones at pet stores, very easily and for a lot cheaper. This is going to be another hobby I develop in addition to custom cat trees/activity furniture. I guess I am kinda getting carried away with talking about these things but having an indoor exclusive cat I like to try to provide as much interesting and fun stuff for him as possible. Really though if Pablo develops a lot of preferences for certain things I would recommend checking out a crafts/hobby type store for toy ideas if you have the time. Not sure a law student has a lot of free time. What type of toy were you looking for when you say "moves faster"? Do you have a link to something similar or along the lines of what you want?

ThePortMan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mine is very affectionate too. He ALWAYS wants attention from me. He follows me around the house like a puppy.