Anybody else have this problem with their TV?

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trying to watch an old episode of Futurama last night and I kept getting this cat silhouette showing up on my screen.

Then the cat starting cleaning itself. Really distracting when I am trying to watch the show.

The TV is out of warranty, so I guess I have to find somebody to repair it.

Anybody else having this problem?:lol3:

Last edited:

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the time! It's particularly difficult when you can't use the remote because of it.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

All the time! It's particularly difficult when you can't use the remote because of it.
  @moorspede   ...I think your cat may want you to be watching that particular tv channel then. Hopefully, he or she picks a good one.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My youngest cat Casey does that to me when I watch tv in bed.  I think he wants me to watch him instead of whatever I want to watch. He also sometimes takes a nap right in front of the box which means I can watch tv but can not change the channel.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Then the cat starting cleaning itself. Really distracting when I am trying to watch the show.

The TV is out of warranty, so I guess I have to find somebody to repair it.

Anybody else having this problem?
"Out of warranty" with "a cat silhouette appearing"....I bet you'd throw the 'repair people' for a loop, @Bengalcatman, if you wrote in to the TV company, and asked about any other 'cat shapes' appearing.

"Any lines...no,...Any pixels out...no,...Any static...no.  Just a silhouette of a cat."

They would send you a new TV model for sure....or maybe NOT.

It kind of reminds me of what humans do in movie theaters, except for the grooming part. 

Good luck with your broken tv. 

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

My youngest cat Casey does that to me when I watch tv in bed.  I think he wants me to watch him instead of whatever I want to watch. He also sometimes takes a nap right in front of the box which means I can watch tv but can not change the channel.
@catlover73...Casey is one smart cat there. Scientists say you should not be watching TV while in bed, and it seems that your smart cat agrees.

Oh, and of course, Casey just wants you to get some extra exercise, by getting up and changing channels.

Smart cats who make sure to look after their guardians' health, in any way they can.
  Sweet guy.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
   Good one.  

Fortunately for us, our TV is wall mounted so the cats can't sit in front of it.