Anybody else have a kitty obsessed with licking you?

Sickkshouting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My older cat George is obsessed with licking the lower part of my face, mainly my chin and around my mouth. He chose me as his person and is extremely cuddly & loves face rubs. When he lays on my lap he will reach up with his paws and grab my face to pull it down so he can lick me! I have to move my face away after a while cause he will lick my skin raw! I’m interested to know anybody else’s experiences with this or if anybody knows why. I assumed it was just his way of saying I love you 😊

lucky luc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is a big way of saying, I love you. Mine goes for my nose then sneak down in my armpit.
Now while she do that I pet her under the mouth, it seems to slow down

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sickkshouting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is a big way of saying, I love you. Mine goes for my nose then sneak down in my armpit.
Now while she do that I pet her under the mouth, it seems to slow down
Awwww What a sweetie! An armpit licker! Haha cats are the absolute BEST! I figured it was him saying I love you 😊😊 he’s my lovey boy! My other kitty mr cuddles isn’t too cuddly, very few and far between so I loooooove my cuddles with Georgie

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of mine are lickers. Usually they stick to my hands and arms and occasionally feet, but occasionally one of them will go in for a full face wash. The likelihood of a face wash happening increases if they want me to wake up and feed them, though.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Willow gives lots and lots of sandpaper kisses. The night she came home, she snuggled up in my arms and licked my face like a puppy. It was physically painful and emotionally the opposite----soothing and healing are words that come to mind, but they are inadequate; the right word is on the tip of my tongue.

Well, exfoliation is supposed to be good for your skin, isn't it? I vaguely remember my mother buying apricot scrubs and other expensive, scratchy cosmetics that advertised themselves as "a facelift in a bottle" when I was a kid.

This child loves me. It is unquestionable, and whether I deserve her love or not, I certainly accept it and wouldn't want to hurt her feelings by complaining about a little bit of physical pain or minor temporary disfigurement that can be easily explained away as "road rash from kitty kisses".

I wasn't exactly pretty to begin with.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine isn't a licker he's a suckler. But my grandsons cat called George like yours is always grabbing his head to lick him. He licks him until he tells him okay no more I love you tooooooo :lol: I think it's adorable.