Any Way to Clean Pills Fallen on the Floor?

sil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat was prescribed pills that fell on the floor. Is there any way to clean any dirt attached without risk of crumbling them?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any dirt that might be stuck on them won't do any harm....Keep in mind, they walk all over your floors and lick their feet clean everyday.
Just blow any loose dirt/fur off, that's what I would do anyway...I can't imagine they are that bad. I've even re-given a wet pill that was spit out that fell on the floor. I just pulled off the little bit of fuzz stuck to it that was caught as it rolled off the couch...no harm done.

Edit to add...Of course if they landed in something wet like mud, or anything toxic...call your vet and ask for a new prescription. You wouldn't want to take a chance. If pills get wet they start to dissolve...not good for tablet or capsule.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any dirt that might be stuck on them won't do any harm....Keep in mind, they walk all over your floors and lick their feet clean everyday.
Just blow any loose dirt/fur off, that's what I would do anyway...I can't imagine they are that bad. I've even re-given a wet pill that was spit out that fell on the floor. I just pulled off the little bit of fuzz stuck to it that was caught as it rolled off the couch...no harm done.

Edit to add...Of course if they landed in something wet like mud, or anything toxic...call your vet and ask for a new prescription. You wouldn't want to take a chance. If pills get wet they start to dissolve...not good for tablet or capsule.
Sounds good. Thanks