Any thoughts on my new girl?

kkelsey987

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted Goldie from the SPCA a few days ago. In the paperwork they sent me home with, they stated that she is a flame point Balinese mix. I don't see any Balinese in her-- I think they may have just drawn that conclusion because of her coloring--and I've noticed that the spca can stretch the truth a bit when it comes to labeling breeds.

Any thoughs?

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not sure exactly what kind of mixed kitty you have there, but she is absolutely beautiful. She might have some Angora in her. Her coat is gorgeous. Someone here might possibly know better than I do.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I adopted Goldie from the SPCA a few days ago. In the paperwork they sent me home with, they stated that she is a flame point Balinese mix. I don't see any Balinese in her-- I think they may have just drawn that conclusion because of her coloring--and I've noticed that the spca can stretch the truth a bit when it comes to labeling breeds.

Any thoughs?
Why so?  I myself think this is an as good description as any.  It shows also, the describing person did had quite a some knowledge about breeds and cat colors.

And its true,  these labelling of breeds by spca and many shelters,  is sooner a loose description than an exact authoritative statement of actual breed.

This is not.   And nobody  expects this - their payment isnt either 1000 dollars as a purebred would perhaps take.

The only exception may be, if a purebred cat has been admitted, perhaps even with all certificates.  THIS could be sour, if they swore the cat IS purebred "I saw myself the CFA certificate!",  AND took extra payment because its a purebred for real,   but its apparent the cat cant be no purebred.

So, a balinese mix is no bad guess.  What she is exactly, we cant know, The only we can know is she is a beautiful, gorgious lady.   Just be happy you got her and can enjoy living with her, you dont even need to marry her.   :)