Any Suggestions?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to see a vet for this. The vet can easily test for ringworm and give medication before it gets worse. Can you get to a vet?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a black light you can check to see if these spots light up in the dark under it. This is a quick check for ringworm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I made a tentative appt. for next week. It is definitely ringworm. I have a lime bath and soaked cotton balls and applied to effected areas. I also have an antifungal cream. The shelter that gave them to me knew there was an outbreak and didn’t tell me. So upset, but she will be coming to my house to care for them when I go away next weekend. She also gave me the lime bath. I haven’t dipped them though, they would not have that! I am still cuddling with them and they are sleeping in my bed. I’ve had ringworm before myself and it takes a lot my time to get rid of, but I am not isolating them, they are just getting comfortable. Hopefully I don’t get it on my face or head! I hope it is a mild case too! I am so tired of cleaning and don’t even know how much of a difference that makes at this point. Pretty annoyed right now, but also happy I have them. Also worried, I already have it but no physical symptoms yet. They crawl all over me! Aughhhh.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm hoping you are containing it and that they get better soon. It was wrong of the agency not to tell you about it though. :(

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FEeling a bit better about the situation. Have them contained in small bathroom and vacuumed and cleaned. Any suggestions on disenfecting? I used tea tree oil because it is less invasive.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are the kittens getting better? Or at least no new sores?

Gr8fulcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for asking...They each have one sore on head and one on their hind leg. I don't think that it is getting worse, thankfully! I was so hesitant to use the lime bath, but I diluted it and applied it thoroughly to their patches. They now have some anti fungal cream on it. They are sleepy, not too traumatized from the move, but I cannot keep them in there, when they wake up they will come back into my room and climb all over me and my clean room. Unless you think it would be better for me to keep them in there for a few days?
The woman who gave them to me said to soak a cotton ball and apply everyday, but I am being told by others to do it only once a week. So I did it once, and now just applying cream. Do you think I should get oral medication as well? Even the sores on their heads seem better from 2 applications of cream and one lime application.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the sores continue to improve you can skip the oral medication. If not, or it spreads, then get the oral meds. Give it a few days.