Any Subaru (crosstrek) Owners?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I got into an accident last week- rear-ended at a stoplight (The other guy did not stop at all).

Other than whiplash and pain in the neck/back, I am gratefully OK. It could've been worse.

But my poor 2004 Jeep Liberty is 99.9% totaled (waiting for final response from insurance).

I put a down payment on for a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek (premium).

Anyone else have a Subaru? What do you think about it?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love love love love love my Subaru. Usually we pay off one car at a time and I always get to drive the new car (because the kids are with me 99% of the time). So last year DH's car was ready to be traded in. I told him he could not have my Subaru unless he got another Subaru. He wanted something to tow with so he got a SUV that I still haven't driven. ;) And we still take my car a lot of the time on the weekend when we are all together.

My next car will very likely be another Subaru too. I had one expensive repair earlier this summer; but according to the dealership it was a pretty rare issue. I drove a loaner Crosstrek while they fixed my car and it was fun! It had all the bells and whistles and I enjoyed the backup camera especially. :agree: I just had to get used to driving a smaller vehicle again. :p

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My uncle got one a few years ago. He really likes it. The last time I talked to him I asked him about it and he said he was very impressed with it. Great in the snow and no problems as far as anything going wrong with it. Sounds like a solid car.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I've been hearing great things about it. I take online reviews with a grain of salt and I wanted to hear from actual people

thanks for the feedback! Keep them coming please :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and both her adult children, (my niece & nephew), all have Subarus and love them. One of the teachers I work with has always had the Subaru Forester and is very satisfied. A close friend of my husband has the Crosstrek and loves it but unfortunately our neighbor is quite unhappy with his Crosstrek. I guess 5 happy Subaru owners out of 6 isn't bad. :wink:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are popular with my family members who live in snowier zones too. I don't think any of us have the Crosstrek though. My cousin said Sunday dinner at her MIL's used to look like a Subaru convention. Most of them worked in health care so no snow days!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! I'm so sorry about your accident. :hugs: We have Hondas, but everyone I know that has a Subaru is happy with them.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and both her adult children, (my niece & nephew), all have Subarus and love them. One of the teachers I work with has always had the Subaru Forester and is very satisfied. A close friend of my husband has the Crosstrek and loves it but unfortunately our neighbor is quite unhappy with his Crosstrek. I guess 5 happy Subaru owners out of 6 isn't bad. :wink:
Did your neighbor say why he was unhappy with it?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Did your neighbor say why he was unhappy with it?
My husband was the one who talked with him - mind you the neighbor is a rather "picky" person and has always had a Honda Civic. He probably should have stuck with Honda. He doesn't like the paddles behind the steering wheel on his Subaru Crosstrek and something about a compartment under the front passenger seat. I know he had some other complaints but my husband said he stopped listening. :lol: I will see the teacher I used to work with tomorrow - she is sold on Subaru and I'll ask her if she has any other info.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
so.. it's cosmetics mostly? lol. Yep, he sounds picky!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Everybody who has a Subaru (that I know of) loves their cars. My co-worker just bought a CrossTrek and he adores his car. He wants snow now, just to see how it drives in snow.

Good luck with your car! I hope you'll enjoy it for many years!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone that I know with a Subaru is happy with it and have had few issues with them. My Dad had one many years ago when they first started importing the little basic boxy imports from Japan and he liked it. My Dad was picky about two things, that he could get every last dime out of a car in terms of years, miles, money on repairs and get good gas mileage.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My last two cars were/are Subarus, and I love them, even though the Impreza's transmission died in fewer than three years. I traded it in for a 2015 Forrester, my first SUV. It was the rental care I used for two weeks while the Imp was in the garage. They couldn't find a new trans in the entire country (!), so they let me use the Forrester rent-free. I thought, "If the trans is dying this soon, what else will go wrong, and the three-year warranty will be up soon?" I liked the rental are so much, I made a decent deal on it, and bought it.

I live on a huge hill. I hate driving in snow. Subarus are all-wheel drive. The Imp (I loved that dark purple sedan with ivory upholstery!) could get up my hill as if the road was dry--at a low speed, of course. This is the main reason I plan to stick with Subbies forever. DH was a car mechanic, and said the ones for the 1990's to the present are known for being well-made. Another reason I love mine. They also have good trade-in value.

However, there is one thing I do NOT like: some of the so-called "safety" features. With the Imp, I once had to back up on a narrow road to let an impatient truck driver make a turn against the driver's side. He kept trying to brush against my car. I kept backing up. At one point, instead of backing up, THE CAR WENT IN DRIVE! That scared the crap out of me--so much that I called the dealership when I got to work. They have had several complaints about this safety feature. With the Forrester, I twice had it lose brake control on an incline. I used to park outside of my club to take in food. When I started it up, there were no brakes, and I was going down hill into a busy intersection. I pulled over and turned the car off, with my foot on the brake until DH got there. It did this twice. I wonder if it's a safety feature, too?

Congrats on your new car!!!