Any Reasons A Cat Would Be Alternately Nauseous/constipated If Bloods & Ultrasound R Clear?

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
to make a long story short, cat has been to vet 3 times in past 2-3 weeks. bloods and ultrasound came out clear except for a uti and that was treated w/ antibiotics. she was constipated and she had 3 enemas over a few weeks. she didnt respond to royal canin fiber response. one of the times she came back from the vet after an enema, she was eating like a champ, wanting the royal canin, but after a few days stopped eating - i imagine bc she became constipated - so back to vet, had another enema monday night, and since then only ate last night (after catnip).

now she's back on mirataz today - i gave her a dose at 11.30 am, and she's not eating yet. i don't think it's bc she's constipated bc she only ate a little last night, and nothing as of yet today. this is suprising bc after the last enema she ate a lot.

vet bills now over $1800 and i don't know what to do. i am worried. any thoughts?

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming you did a fecal test as well, and that was fine?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no the vet did not request this and i did not know it was an option :/ she sure had her chance to collect feces, she did 3 enemas...

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming you did a fecal test as well, and that was fine?
sorry, should have hit reply to you. no the vet did not request this and i did not know it was an option :/ she sure had her chance to collect feces, she did 3 enemas...

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would try that, my kitten's blood work was totally fine, but had bacteria in her poop that was cleared up in a week with anti-biotics.

reginaq

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would try that, my kitten's blood work was totally fine, but had bacteria in her poop that was cleared up in a week with anti-biotics.
thanks - i wonder how many strains of antibiotics there are? she's already had a broad sprectrum injection, and also took veraflox for a uti....just wonder if she's taken everything she can...

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I should mention, my cat was having vomitting diarrhea only, not constipation