Any Other Owners Experience This? (vomit Eater)

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 11yo cat, Hobo, will occasionally throw up his morning breakfast, as cats are prone to do! It isn't often or unusual enough for me to be worried about his health, so this isn't really a problem.

But the curious thing is one of my other 3 (4 total!) cats, 15mo Blue, will promptly go eat the vomit, like it's the most wonderful food ever! She scarfs it up!

I don't really mind, it makes my cleanup job easier. Just not something I've ever seen before in 25+ years of cat servitude. Anyone else?

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHAHA! Sorry, but it's so gross and I have one of those! Only in her case she is also the one that throws up her food when she eats too fast or too much. Then she (not always but often enough) starts eating it again.

And yes it makes the clean up easier, but it is just sooooo gross!:barfgreen:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
:hellocomputer: I just saw this post and just had to answer. :lol: Paul eats his sister's vomit if I am not fast enough and you're absolutely right - he treats it like a delicacy. I'm used to this behavior in dogs - it's what they do but cats? I somehow gave them credit for being more fastidious. :kitty: The weird thing is when she throws up, it's immediately after eating so the food is basically the same as he's got in his bowl.