Any one seen a cat like this before?

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I took in a pregnant foster cat. She gave birth weight weeks after me getting her. She gave birth to 6 kittens 4 girls (1 black and white, 2 solid grey and a grey and white) And 2 boys (1 black and white and a black,white and grey)

Dad was a solid grey British short-hair mum is a black and white moggy.

This boy who has been named merlin has such strange colourings and markings i have never seen before!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

A baby photo of his black spots.

He is called merlin because if he was a dog he would be merle in colour!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow, so he got some dilute blue and some black! That is very unusual, I'm not even sure it's genetically possible. Maybe he's a chimera---merged with a littermate in the womb. That's probably the best explanation I can come up with :dk:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jemma01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep joking and saying if he was a girl he would be tortie and his gender got changed last minute! I have never seen a kitten or cat like him though so I thought I would ask!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I agree, this is a riddle.  And a chimera not totally excluded as explanation, I too thought on this.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow, so he got some dilute blue and some black! That is very unusual, I'm not even sure it's genetically possible. Maybe he's a chimera---merged with a littermate in the womb. That's probably the best explanation I can come up with
Your right. That shouldn't be possible... Pretty cool. How about a shoot off of the brindle gene you see in dogs that has their coat alternating between a white hair and a black hair?