Any musicians out there with some kitten advice?

nwengel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
I was wondering if any of you happen to be musicians and if your cat can stand it when you play.

I have the most perfect new kitten in almost every way except she apparently doesn’t like it when I play the piano. She runs to a different room and stays there until I’m done. I’ve tried a variety of music playing very softly (in case the noise scares her), and she is fine with the TV, but she still runs when she hears the piano.

Have any of you had a similar problem? I’ve not been playing much because I don’t want to distress her.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are terrified of the piano, either when playing a roll or when I play. They don't like tuba music, either!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nwengel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats are terrified of the piano, either when playing a roll or when I play. They don't like tuba music, either!
Oh no! I take it they are not new kitties?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've known cats who would lie on top of the piano, and others who would run at the first note. I think it's just an individual thing. And I wonder if the vibrations have something to do with it. I'd just go ahead and play, while making sure she has a retreat route. Let her learn to deal with it. If she does, lovely. If not, she has her "safe space" to go to. Not all roommates like the same things, but none of them should entirely give up something they love.