Any Ideas When She Will Give Birth?

catlover2233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone :)
Let me start by introducing myself! i'm from England and have been involved with my local animal rescue centre for the last couple of years (since 2015). I've been volunteering there at least twice a week, helping with the cats and dogs, and have therefore seen alot (feral cats, pregnant cats, kittens, strays, illness etc.)

However, I've never been in a situation where I could foster before. About 2 weeks ago we started getting a lot of calls in regards to pregnant cats roaming in gardens. I thought now would be the perfect time to try and help out if they needed. I ended up driving down to pick up one of the cats up for them. The cat was living behind a kebab shop in a garden. The workers told me she used to live in the flat behind the shop, but they moved out and left her behind last summer.

She's been living in their garden being fed by the workers since the summer along with her mother. They'd called her Luna, so I've stuck with that, and I'm currently fostering her in my room lol. The people are still working on trying to bring the mum in who, from the sounds of it, is probably unspayed too.

Luna is honestly one of the sweetest cats I've met. She is so gentle and purrs most of the day away (she loves belly rubs). She has a good appetite and has been treated for worms and fleas.

Although I've dealt with a lot of pregnant cats in my time at the rescue, I've never actually lived with one lol.

What's really throwing me off at the moment is that she already has her milk? It came through one week ago. I've always been under the impression it would come through 24-48 hours before birth, or after the kittens are born. Not one week before!

She's definitely in her last 2 weeks as I can see and feel the kittens move inside her belly ALOT. Luna has also been exhibiting a lot of nesting behaviour (digging around in towels in the nest box)

Other than this she hasn't shown any other sign of being in labour, (no discharge, eating the same, not restless)

What do you guys think? How much longer till the tiny pitter of kitten feet?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Curiosacatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! My cat gave birth one week ago. And she had no signs before like milk coming in discharge or stop eating things like that. But... i did notice she was a little playfull in the morning with a naughty look on her face haha. She slept less than before. But when she would let me pet her tummy i would feel it tightning sometimes (contractions). You could'nt see it on the outside but you can feel it very good. She didnt really nest but in the afternoon she tried digging in her hammock.. just once.. she gave birth that night and she never lost her appetite she even had me bring her food while she was pushing hahah. Just feel for contractions i guess.. good luck for the both of you!!