Any Ideas On Why My Cat Is Acting So Weird

gusandjohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats and they are inseparable, always cuddling sleep together etc. 9 months and 7 months old. The 9 month old is a himayalan/Siamese and he has always been so laid back and gentle and just a great cat, he has always been very vocal but now he's walking around grumbling than gets mad and try and start a fight with the other cat and the other cat doesn't care when he's had enough he fights back and the 9 month old runs away grumbling and looks for me and tries to start fights with me. He will only do this if I'm in my bedroom and he will come in making creepy meows and stare at me than if I go to pet him he tries to bite I say NO! He get defiant and gets closer to me trying to hit my legs he just won't back down, than he chases me trying to have a fight. When someone comes and picks him up he acts totally normal until they are gone than he starts again he won't do it with anyone else just me and only when I'm in my room he seems to be really mad at me. Before he started these fights he had an strange episode where I was petting him and he was sleeping and happy but than he tried to nurse on my arm like a kitten and got upset when I pulled him off he cried and chased me. hes been doing this about a week and the only thing I have done to annoy him is change his food. He's actually scary sometimes he will hide under my bed and let out these really weird meows than suddenly jump on my bed and chase me I've had to start shutting him out of my room, he than gets in my daughters room and is a perfect angel.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only have one cat but he kind of acted like that at that age too. It was like one day he decided it was more fun to hunt me than his toys. He would hide behind stuff and attack when I walked by etc. For awhile I almost wondered if he was part sheep dog.....he would try and herd me from one room to another. I think cats go through the human equivalent of the terrible twos where they sort of decide they're the boss for awhile.......or in my cats case forever... since I'm a total pushover and always cave in...lol..but they do mellow out after awhile...