Any ideas on the breed of my black cat?

beansanddjango

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im sure my little guy isn't a pure breed seeing as I got him from the shelter after he was picked up as a stay. When I was looking at cats at the shelter he literally reached out from the cage to tap me gently on the arm. Never once used claws. When I picked him up he was happy to just curl up on my chest. You can definitely say he adopted me :-)
Now that he's been home, he is the most laid back, friendly, sweet little cat. Mr. Beans, my resident cat, took awhile to adjust to Django, but Django wasn't phased at all about anything. He loves to eat and play,and he's a very quick hunter. He will often play catch or just carry toys or my socks around the house and hide them in places. He is vocal when he wants something, and he is always near by me when I'm home. He sleeps with me at night and will curl up on my pillow every morning while purring loudly. He's SO affectionate.

Django has a small head, stalky build, large copper eyes, he's completely black, and he has the softest fur I've ever felt on an animal. Idk that he's any special breed but my mom swears she thinks he might be part burmese because of some of his characteristics.

Any insight yall have would be awesome. I'd just love to find out more about my little guy :-)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im sure my little guy isn't a pure breed seeing as I got him from the shelter after he was picked up as a stay. When I was looking at cats at the shelter he literally reached out from the cage to tap me gently on the arm. Never once used claws. When I picked him up he was happy to just curl up on my chest. You can definitely say he adopted me :-)
Now that he's been home, he is the most laid back, friendly, sweet little cat. Mr. Beans, my resident cat, took awhile to adjust to Django, but Django wasn't phased at all about anything. He loves to eat and play,and he's a very quick hunter. He will often play catch or just carry toys or my socks around the house and hide them in places. He is vocal when he wants something, and he is always near by me when I'm home. He sleeps with me at night and will curl up on my pillow every morning while purring loudly. He's SO affectionate.

Django has a small head, stalky build, large copper eyes, he's completely black, and he has the softest fur I've ever felt on an animal. Idk that he's any special breed but my mom swears she thinks he might be part burmese because of some of his characteristics.

Any insight yall have would be awesome. I'd just love to find out more about my little guy :-)
sounds like a real sunshine  story!  You both the winners, and probably your resident cat too.   :)

Its always nice and useful to have a couple of good photos to deem a possible breed - look alike.  Although I must admit, black cats are often very difficult to decide.

So many are alike small black panters "bombays"  but we do know the breed is rare, so hardly any of them is a bombay, and very few are  burmeses...

Anyway, welcome with some good pics, please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beansanddjango

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sounds like a real sunshine  story!  You both the winners, and probably your resident cat too.   :)

Its always nice and useful to have a couple of good photos to deem a possible breed - look alike.  Although I must admit, black cats are often very difficult to decide.
So many are alike small black panters "bombays"  but we do know the breed is rare, so hardly any of them is a bombay, and very few are  burmeses...

Anyway, welcome with some good pics, please!
I thought I added pictures but I guess they didn't post. I'm sure the odds are he's a domestic short hair, but his personality is one I've never seen in a cat before so it made me curious.