Any Ideas on Breed?

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Rajah, he was found as a stray and turned over to my dad's veterinary clinic for adoption as the person who found him didn't want to pay for the abscess treatment he had, my dad liked him so he took him home.  He is a HUGE cat weighs 14# and is probably 1-2# underweight.  Very Very soft fur and has a classic/marbled tabby look to him.  My dad thinks he may be part Bengal, but we aren't sure.  I told my dad I would ask what people thought. 

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since many Bengals have the marble classic tabby pattern, a lot of people associate that look with Bengals,but I would seriously doubt that a large, gentle guy with white markings in with his tabby coat would truly have any Bengal genes in him.  I have a grown litter here who supposedly have Bengal two generations back, and none of them are fat.  We did have three that had the marble tabby pattern but no white markings.  The rest have the spotted tabby pattern which is really a broken mackerel tabby pattern.  Their personalities definitely tend toward the Bengal disposition, as they are all high strung, overactive, athletic and pretty fierce with DaBird!  (See below for photos.)

Last edited:

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Here are some photos of our kittens (just a year old) who have Bengal 2 generations back.  The one back by the radiator does have the classic marble tabby pattern like yours, and there were two others with that pattern (the mothers are sisters).  Not one of them has any white markings, and there were 10 kittens total from the two mothers.  Does anyone else have known Bengal mix kittens to compare?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is Rajah, he was found as a stray and turned over to my dad's veterinary clinic for adoption as the person who found him didn't want to pay for the abscess treatment he had, my dad liked him so he took him home.  He is a HUGE cat weighs 14# and is probably 1-2# underweight.  Very Very soft fur and has a classic/marbled tabby look to him.  My dad thinks he may be part Bengal, but we aren't sure.  I told my dad I would ask what people thought. 

This is a beautiful cat. If mine, I would hold it a lot. :lol3: