Any guesses?

rubybagonia79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would love a few opinions as to what this little man may end up looking like. :)

He has gone from a very long coat as a kitten... to a very gangly teenager at 6 months, although his coat is starting to re-develop around the mane, belly, tail and back of the of the legs.
20230616_192833.jpg
20230529_131453.jpg
20230528_183818.jpg
20230924_142511.jpg

annabee

Full-time Cat Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Would love a few opinions as to what this little man may end up looking like. :)

He has gone from a very long coat as a kitten... to a very gangly teenager at 6 months, although his coat is starting to re-develop around the mane, belly, tail and back of the of the legs. View attachment 460922View attachment 460919View attachment 460920View attachment 460921
The cat you see in my profile picture (rescued at 4 weeks old) looked just like your cat (fur/color/coat wise) in all of these pictures at various ages!! He had a gorgeous, wild fever coat when he was a rambunctious kitten. He was about 1.5 year old in this picture. I'll post it here, as well. :hearthrob:
1696432264344.png

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love black cats. They are so much more affectionate for some reason.
He will eventually lose all that 'poof' and be a domestic short hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubybagonia79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The cat you see in my profile picture (rescued at 4 weeks old) looked just like your cat (fur/color/coat wise) in all of these pictures at various ages!! He had a gorgeous, wild fever coat when he was a rambunctious kitten. He was about 1.5 year old in this picture. I'll post it here, as well. :hearthrob:
View attachment 460928
Beautiful... I love a big black cat. 😍

rubybagonia79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love black cats. They are so much more affectionate for some reason.
He will eventually lose all that 'poof' and be a domestic short hair.
Thanks Kashmir. I have a rescue short haired girl (pictured with my black boy above), and his hair at 6 months is definitely much longer than hers... Although it's difficult to see in that picture 😊

I know his mum had very long grey hair... but not too sure about dad.

rubybagonia79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Kashmir. I have a rescue short haired girl (pictured with my black boy above), and his hair at 6 months is definitely much longer than hers... Although it's difficult to see in that picture 😊

I know his mum had very long grey hair... but not too sure about dad.
This is my last boy Lucius... he was beautifully affectionate also.

Attachments

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is adorable! My boy looked a lot like yours as a kitten. He also went through a shorter haired phase, but now that he is just at a year he is turning into a giant ball of fluff!

This was when he was about 6ish months old.

1696453098759.png

And his fantastic self about a month ago.

1696453391358.png
1696453142147.png

rubybagonia79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh wow, he's beautiful! It's amazing how much they can change!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he is a dlh black, it may be a fever coat or rusted due to long hair or if his eyes are blue maybe some sort of point. They look green though. He is gorgeous 😻 My Zena is a blck white bicolor tuxedo dlh and has dichroic green and yellow eyes. His hair looks lighter and grey in a some areas.

I assume the last cat is not the same cat?

rubybagonia79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think he is a dlh black, it may be a fever coat or rusted due to long hair or if his eyes are blue maybe some sort of point. They look green though. He is gorgeous 😻 My Zena is a blck white bicolor tuxedo dlh and has dichroic green and yellow eyes. His hair looks lighter and grey in a some areas.

I assume the last cat is not the same cat?
Hi, which last cat? All three pictures (the last ones I posted) are of the same cat 😀.

Yes he's a domestic long hair. I was talking to the lady I got him from and she said his father grows a very long mane in winter. His mother is also a DLH, but she was grey and white. Dad is black.

For some reason, she's ignored my request for pictures of the parents,... odd I thought.

I have caught a glimpse of both cats in photos though.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, which last cat? All three pictures (the last ones I posted) are of the same cat 😀.

Yes he's a domestic long hair. I was talking to the lady I got him from and she said his father grows a very long mane in winter. His mother is also a DLH, but she was grey and white. Dad is black.

For some reason, she's ignored my request for pictures of the parents,... odd I thought.

I have caught a glimpse of both cats in photos though.
My last comment which I just erased was on the wrong thread lol. In your last picture, there is a picture of an adult fully black cat with a long haired tail. Is that the same cat as the kitten? That is the one that I mean and there’s another cat too. He is gorgeous anyway. 😀