Any guesses on what breed my cat's are???

jstay83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two cat's are rescues. The vet says they are part Maine Coon. The girl cat has is the full body picture her brother is just the close up of the face. She weighs about 10 lbs and he is about 16lbs. They are friendly with most people but can be skittish around my son's friends because they are so loud. They love to splash in their water dish, climb, and are great mousers. They also are great at snuggles and especially love my son and will snuggle with him all night long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jstay83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are the pictures I hit send to fast.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, so fluffy! I love them!

Most cats don't have any purebred heritage. We call them domestics. So yours would be domestic longhairs, DLH for short.

While Maine Coons are descended from the big fluffy farm cats in the NE US, and therefore a lot of cats share the same traits, I don't see any indication of purebred MC in them.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Maine Coons have a very specific body type, muzzle shape, and ear type/set. I don't see any of those features in your kitties. They are gorgeous Domestic Longhairs.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
IF they have an Ancestry, I would sooner seek this in Norwegian Forest Cats. Esp the girl has a quite a triangularish muzzle.
And believe it or not, the Norse tend to be two coloured...

Norwegians are practically as big as MCO.

So, if an Ancestry is important for you, call them for Norwegian descendants... :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jstay83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for your replies.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say they def have forest cat heritage and they look more nfc, gorgeous babies😻 The floof is killing me 😹 My Syb was a mix and part nfc too.