Any good and trusted places to buy cats in New England?

Wegiesrule

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I doubt It. I paid the Breeder for one way shipping which included the Cost of a carrier. From Dalles,Texas to Rochester,Minnesota . Was $400. Back In 2019. That was each Cat.
vansX2 vansX2 , you should show your Turkish Vans in CFA - there are 2 show in MSP (Sept and Jan), and then numerous others in IA, KS, MO, IL, WI, etc. We'd love to see you there... they would be the only Turkish Vans that I have seen in 15 years, I think. This year there were zero Turkish Vans shown in the US (I just checked the ECAT points registry), so they would get noticed. I only purchased pedigreed cats b/c I show them, but I realize that's not everyone's reason for doing so, but as long as you've been bathing them regularly and they are comfortable being handled by strangers in front of a crowd, it would be a lot of fun to showcase these rare cats!!

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vansX2 vansX2 , you should show your Turkish Vans in CFA - there are 2 show in MSP (Sept and Jan), and then numerous others in IA, KS, MO, IL, WI, etc. We'd love to see you there... they would be the only Turkish Vans that I have seen in 15 years, I think. This year there were zero Turkish Vans shown in the US (I just checked the ECAT points registry), so they would get noticed. I only purchased pedigreed cats b/c I show them, but I realize that's not everyone's reason for doing so, but as long as you've been bathing them regularly and they are comfortable being handled by strangers in front of a crowd, it would be a lot of fun to showcase these rare cats!!
My two boys were purchased as pets, even though their both show quality.
I Purchased my Two show quality Turks from TICA breeder. Both are show Alter males. I have no desire showing either one of them.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have adopted all but one of our cats in the many years we've shared our home with them.:lovecat2: If you're not looking for a show quality cat you can find purebred cats in shelters too. I know this for a fact because that's where we adopted more than one of our Persians, past and present. Just be patient and search the general New England area. LTS3 LTS3 gave you some great suggestions for starters:
Any good and trusted places to buy cats in New England?

Best of luck! :goodluck: Please keep us posted on your search.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey was just wondering how your cat hunt ended up. Was reading about a nice person in Long Island grappling w/ her dad’s feral colony, and couldn’t help wondering….well, if you hadn’t found a cat yet maybe you could take one off her hands! :)