Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone any cats being fed orijen if so what do the owners think of it

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My brother fed his cat Orijen for a while. The cat put on a lot of weight while on it, so if you decide to feed it make sure you limit access and mointor weight. He stopped because of the fat content and weight gain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My brother fed his cat Orijen for a while. The cat put on a lot of weight while on it, so if you decide to feed it make sure you limit access and mointor weight. He stopped because of the fat content and weight gain.
Thanks very much for that, I just bought a trial bag to try my kittens on it bearing in mind it will be a slow change over n very little each day as I doing want them to get fat. They also eat high quality meat no grain food

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave mine orijen for a while. Most of them liked it, but they did gain weight on it. I quit orijen for that reason. I now feed Dr. Elseys dry, chicken. Its lower in carbs and they lost the extra weight. Its still high calorie, so a little goes a long ways :) my boys will gain weight quick with higher carb foods.

I also feed 2 wet meals per day, along with the dry.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I gave mine orijen for a while. Most of them liked it, but they did gain weight on it. I quit orijen for that reason. I now feed Dr. Elseys dry, chicken. Its lower in carbs and they lost the extra weight. Its still high calorie, so a little goes a long ways :) my boys will gain weight quick with higher carb foods.

Yes I've just got my kittens the small trial bag they do seem to like it, so think I will keep it slow using as treats I think in small amounts each day making sure they have more of the high meat wet as well n plenty of water they are on the cat kitten version I've read about the fish version too but I'm not keen on them having fish very often only once a fortnight having read fish is not needed for cats. Funny how things change over the years as twenty years ago always gave our cats fish

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I used to feed Orijen too but now feed Dr Elsey's dry. The girls decided that they no longer wanted the Orijen. They love the Dr. Elsey's dry. We only use it as an occasional topper to wet food or snack.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to feed Orijen too but now feed Dr Elsey's dry. The girls decided that they no longer wanted the Orijen. They love the Dr. Elsey's dry. We only use it as an occasional topper to wet food or snack.
I haven't actually heard of that food .im in the uk. So maybe we won't be able to get it